The official title of Master in Marine Engineering and Maritime Transport Has the objective of completing the level of specialization of nautical professionals, as well as providing the degree of specific training that must have a graduate of the technological, legal or economic field to develop professionally in the field of maritime business.
Courses include advanced training in comprehensive safety management and protection techniques, maneuvering and navigation, maritime business management and inspections. The studies are framed in a profile of specialization in the field of technical activity that, in addition, will allow the student an orientation towards doctoral studies and research.
The acquired academic training will allow to fulfill all the training requirements demanded in the "International Convention STCW78 / 95", for the professional exercise like Captain of Merchant Marine, whenever previously it had taken the Degree in Nautical Engineering.
Why study the degree
The curriculum is designed in accordance with the international regulations governing the training of professional seafarers and gives access to a labor market with high demand, with the possibility of practicing anywhere in the world and in very broad sectors of transport maritime. It allows access, together with the title of Degree in Nautical Engineering, to the profession of Captain of the Merchant Navy.
It allows those who access from other levels of the technological field, specialized training of direct application in broad sectors of maritime business activity.
It has highly qualified professors, with majority professional experience in the field of navigation, maritime transport and other related sectors. This ensures a training in direct connection with the reality of the sector.
What is learned
- The competences are acquired at the management level for the development of the professional activity of the Merchant Marine captain.
- Competences are acquired for the development of management activities both in the area of Administration (ports, customs, traffic control, etc.) and in the private maritime sector (shipyards, shipping companies, insurance companies in the sector, consignees, nautical sporty).
- The necessary knowledge is acquired to start the research activity and to prepare a PhD thesis.
- Knowledge is acquired for the development of economic, legal or technological activities in the maritime business sector.
Structure of the Study
- Hydrostatic and Stability
- Comprehensive Security and Protection Management
- Advanced Search
- Advanced Maneuver
- Informatics for Nautical Management
- Nautical Meteorology in Extreme Conditions
- Management and control of cargo operations
- Maritime Business Management and Projects
- Management of Nautical Inspections
- Work End of Master
- Particularities of Maritime Law
- Control Computer With Restrictions
- Operation and Automatic Control of Marine Facilities With restrictions
- Rescue and Troubleshooting Techniques
- Helmet Maintenance
- Resistance to Advancement and Propulsion
Professional and academic outputs
- Captain of the Merchant Navy
- Maritime administration
- Shipping Companies
- Insurance Companies of the Sector
- Audits and Expertise
- Inspection and classification societies of ships.
- Nautical and sport facilities
- Research and teaching in the university field
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 29, 2017