The official title of Master in Marine Engineering, Aims to provide the technical know-how that a Marine Engineer must have, including training in management techniques, re-design, assembly, operation and maintenance of marine systems and vessels.
The studies are part of a specialization profile in the field of technical activity, which will also allow the student an orientation towards doctoral studies and research.
The academic training acquired, will allow to fulfill all the training requirements demanded in the "International Agreement STCW78 / 95", for the exercise of the profession of Chief of Machines of the Merchant Navy, provided that it has previously undergone the Degree in Marine Engineering.
Why study the degree
The STUDY PLAN is designed according to the international regulation that regulates the training of marine professionals, giving access to a labor market with high demand, with the possibility of exercising its activity anywhere in the world and in very broad sectors of the technological field.
It gives access, together with the title of Degree in Marine Engineering, to the profession of Head of Merchant Marine Machines. It allows those who access from Other levels of technology, Specialized training of direct application in broad sectors of industrial activity. It is available HIGHLY QUALIFIED TEACHER, With majority professional experience in the field of Marine Engineering and other industrial sectors. This ensures a training in direct connection with the reality of the sector.
What is learned
- The competences are acquired at the management level for the development of the professional activity of Head of Merchant Marine Machinery.
- Competences are acquired for the development of inspection activities in both the administration and classification societies.
- The necessary knowledge is acquired to initiate the research activity and the elaboration of a doctoral thesis.
- Knowledge is acquired for the development of activities in the energy and industrial sector.
Structure of the Study
- Propulsion installations
- Maintenance Engineering
- Marine Power Electrical Installations
- Advanced Marine Systems Control
- Marine Equipment and Services
- Computational Techniques Applied to Marine Engineering
- Optimization and Design of Energy Systems
- Alternative Energies applied to Marine Engineering
- Maritime Services Design
- Materials mechanics
- Maritime Business Management
- Inspection and Classification Societies
- Pollution Training and Environmental Impact
- LNG Operation and Ship Design
- Off-Shore Technology
- Hydrodynamics of the Ship
- Integration of Marine Systems with PLCs
- Management of innovation in marine engineering
- Safety Management and On-Board Resources
- Heat Exchanger Design
Work End of Master
- Master's End Work
Professional and academic outputs
- Head of Merchant Marine Machines
- Maritime Administration.
- Shipping companies.
- Inspection and classification societies of ships.
- Shipyards and energy and industrial facilities.
- Energy management and auditing.
- Research and teaching in the university field
University graduates of the technological-scientific field.
Common access requirements
- Have completed a degree in the field of engineering or equivalent.
- Graduates in Marine Engineering, Energy and Propulsion itinerary or equivalent will have preference.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 13, 2017