The Master's Degree in Management, Management and Innovation of School and Socio-educational Institutions, Is a master's degree proposal from the University of A Coruña (UDC) that covers new training needs derived from the educational transformations of the LOMCE implementation process, as well as the need to foster critical and entrepreneurial professional cultures in the socio-educational, From commitment to improvement in managerial and innovative tasks in management in line with the organizational and social demands of a plural and complex society.
It is structured in two specialties: one aimed at training management professionals for the educational system that can meet the requirements established by LOMCE, as well as to complement the training of socio-educational professionals who have or are currently performing managerial tasks ; With the aim of specializing in the management, leadership and innovation of socio-educational institutions, while continuing their academic and research training.
Why study the degree
Being a master's degree, these university studies, involve a strong specialization. The master's degree aims to respond to the great demand that exists on the need to train in a rigorous way those professionals who will be dedicated to the functions of management and management in socio-educational centers and institutions.
It is basically, but not exclusively, a specialization of the degrees that are taught in the Faculty of Education Sciences of the UDC. It will also allow access to different doctoral programs offered by this and other centers of our university, which will allow the student, if he considers it, to reach his highest academic qualification within his faculty of entrance through the Official Program of Doctorate in Equity and Innovation in Education.
Structure of the Study
Common Mandatory Module
- Leadership and management of educational institutions
- Coexistence. Mediation and conflict resolution
- Action research and innovation
- Models of quality management
- Treatment of information in the management and evaluation of institutions
- Institutions and agents in the community: socio-educational action in the society network
Specialty in School Institutions
- Design of educational center projects
- Evaluation of resources and didactic materials
- Teacher training and learning communities
- ICT projects for educational innovation
- Human resources management
Specialty in Socio-educational Institutions
- Management and innovation of socio-educational institutions
- Strategic planning and participatory culture
- Values. Equality and culture of mediation in socio-educational contexts
- Research projects and reports
- Instruments for the evaluation of programs and services
- External Practices (Practicum)
Final Master Work
- Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
This master's degree is designed for professional profiles that refer, on the one hand, to the school environment and, on the other hand, to different socio-educational areas.
The activity of management of schools related to school pedagogy and social education is determined by the social field of work and the educational nature of the intervention, which in this case is very diverse, both in the areas and by the contexts and typology of Centers.
Although it is not essential to have a specific pedagogical training to study the master's degree, there are some characteristics that are considered suitable for these studies, among which the following are the most noteworthy:
- Skills : scientific curiosity, taste for study and reading, ability for autonomous and collaborative learning, interpersonal communication skills, critical thinking and reasoning skills, awareness of social and educational aspects such as sustainability and equality, ethical commitment and Democratic approach to the different professional fields in line with 21st century society (by definition, increasingly diverse and multicultural).
- Previous knowledge : Since the orientation of the master's degree is academic and professional, it will not qualify for any profession other than the degree of admission of students, so that graduates who wish to pursue their studies in the field of Socio-educational knowledge and / or want to specialize in one of the master's subjects. This master may also be interested in people with degrees in other disciplines who are carrying out their professional activity in socio-educational contexts and who wish to obtain a specific training in one of the specialties offered by the Master.
- Languages to be used in the training process and required level : one of the objectives set by the Language Standardization Plan of the University of A Coruña, approved at the Council of Government, dated November 15, 2006, is to encourage Galician to be The usual language of communication, expression and work of the university community. In this sense, Article 2.4 of the Regulations for the use of the Galician language, approved by the Governing Council of July 22, 2004, establishes that "The centers and departments of the University of A Coruña, in the same way as administrative units And services, will have Galician as their language of use. Likewise, the documents that the departments and the institutional entities elaborate: the reports, the minutes, the official communications for the bulletin boards, the programs of the subjects, etc., will be written in Galician. Due to this, students are asked to have a good command of any of the two official languages of the Galician autonomous community.
Common access requirements
There are no special requirements; However, the target group will be university graduates with an interest in exercising their professional work in the management and management of centers, which is a marked orientation towards socio-educational aspects.
The Master's Degree in Management, Management and Innovation of School and Socio-educational Institutions is addressed to:
- Professionals interested in updating and / or improving their knowledge for more innovative and efficient management;
- Graduates interested in the field of school and socio-educational management;
- University graduates with at least two years of experience in the socio-educational field;
- And psycho-pedagogical coordinators of educational centers.
Consequently, this master's degree is especially aimed at teachers and educators who wish to be trained and initiated in the exercise of managerial responsibilities in the different stages of the educational system; That is, it offers the possibility of specializing in tasks of management, coordination and management of socio-educational institutions to graduates in Early Childhood Education, Primary Education and Social Education of our recent and future university.
In any case, the Master's Degree in Management, Management and Innovation of School and Socio-educational Institutions is also destined to all those people who would like to develop the necessary skills and knowledge to support the decision-making in the exercise of the inherent responsibilities of The management of centers, services and socio-educational projects. Likewise, it aims to serve as training for those of current directors who wish to improve their professional experience in those tasks.
In short, it is advisable for those professionals who are linked to education who wish to prepare themselves rigorously in the future to hold positions of educational responsibility, or for managers who want to improve their current practice.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017