The Master's Degree in Literature, Culture and Diversity Is an official degree, of 60 credits and with a duration of an academic course.
It is taught in the Faculty of Philology of the University of Coruña, in two semesters: in the first are compulsory modules; In the second, the specialization module and the final master's work.
Why study the degree
- Provides training and updating on topics related to literature, culture and diversity in the Hispanic or Galician and Portuguese.
- It provides the basics to start a research activity and allows access to a doctoral program.
- It makes possible the full or partial enrollment, as well as the validation of subjects previously studied under the conditions stipulated by the responsible universities.
- Semipresencial teaching (240 hours face-to-face). It is taught in the afternoon, on Thursdays and Fridays, in the Faculty of Philology of the UDC.
- Highly qualified teachers
- Visiting professors of recognized prestige and specialist in the subjects
- Associated seminars, linked to outstanding groups or research projects
- individualized tutoring
What is learned
The university master's degree in Literature, Culture and Diversity is organized in four modules, three of them compulsory, which are taught in the first four months:
- Theory and criticism in literary and cultural studies (Theory and criticism in literary studies; New approaches in literary and cultural studies; Literature, culture and society; Comparative studies and literary traditions).
- Technologies and methods for literary and cultural studies (Methods and techniques for the elaboration and presentation of research works; Studies of the book and edition; Resources for the investigation of literature).
- Literature, culture and art (Literature and show, Literature and art, Literature and media).
In the second semester the module of the specialty is taken:
- Literature and culture in the Galician-Portuguese area
- Literature and culture in the Hispanic area
Structure of the Study
Theory and Criticism in Literary and Cultural Studies
- Theory and Criticism in Literary Studies
- New Approaches in Literary and Cultural Studies
- Literature, Culture and Society
Technologies and Methods for Literary and Cultural Studies
- Methods and Techniques for the Elaboration and Presentation of Research Works
- Book Studies and Edition
- Resources for Literature Research
Literature, Culture and Art
- Literature and Entertainment
- Literature and Art
- Literature and Media
Literature and Culture in the Hispanic Area
- Literary and Cultural Traditions
- Literature and Gender (Hispanic Area)
- Literature and its Socio-Cultural Environment
- The Reception of Literature
- Literature and other Artistic Languages
- Vanguards and Literature
- Trends in Current Literature
Literature and Culture in the Galician-Portuguese Area
- Updating Literary and Cultural Traditions
- Literature and Gender (Galician-Portuguese Area)
- Literature, Memory and History
- Literary and Cultural Relations in the Galician-Portuguese Linguistic Area
- Literature, Culture and Identity
- Interart Relations
- Critical Discourses and Canonization Processes
Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
The exits in the labor world are preferably framed in the humanistic, literary and cultural field. The main profiles of academic and work exits are as follows: teaching, cultural and editorial advice and media, media ... The students can also continue their higher education and access to several doctoral programs.
It is recommended to have previous academic training in Arts and Humanities or Social Sciences, especially a graduate degree (or equivalent) in the field of literary and / or cultural studies. It is also understood that skills such as ease of oral and written expression, ability to abstract and synthesize, knowledge of languages, reading habits or interest in cultural expressions and linguistic and cultural diversity are necessary.