This master's degree is among the most entrepreneurial demands and a higher percentage of job placement in all university degrees, with much lower unemployment rates than the average, and excellent short- and medium-term perspectives both at the regional and in the national.
This Master qualifies for the exercise of professional activities according to Order CIN / 311/2009, of February 9, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Engineer.
Previous experiences of the university in the delivery of titles of similar characteristics.
Although the proposed degree is new in the ULL, both in the masters and higher engineering formats, since 2002/03, the title of Industrial Technical Engineer Mechanical Specialty has been taught at ETSICI and since 2001/2002 the Engineer degree Industrial Technician Industrial Electronics Specialty. These qualifications have been adapted to the EHEA in the academic year 2010-2011, in which the corresponding degrees have been implemented in Ing. Mechanical and Ing. in Industrial and Automatic Electronics. In addition, the Degree in Ing. Industrial Chemistry, newly created in the ULL. These qualifications allow for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer and will be the grades of which will be nourished mainly the master in Industrial Engineering. In addition, in the ULL have been taught (extinguished in the 2013/14 course) the degree of second cycle of Engineering in Automatic in Industrial and Automatic Electronics, as well as the masters in Ing. Electronics and Ing. Chemistry, which are converted into special areas within the proposed Masters (see section 5.1 et seq.). The conversion of these degrees in the Master of Ing. Industrial is justified in the fact that this master gives the attributions of Ing. And is therefore more attractive to students (as can be seen in the rest of this section), and has a higher demand and a much higher employability forecast, apart from the fact, also very relevant that, according to the new wording given to art. 81.3 b) of the LOMLOU by section 5.2 of art. 6 of RD Law 14/2012, the public prices of this master's degree will be lower than those of master's without attributions. In addition, it allows fusion in a single master with attributions, of several existing masters, optimizing both human and material teaching resources.
Entry and exit profile
The recommended admission profile for students of this Master in Industrial Engineering is that of those students who prove they have acquired the competences of a degree with the characteristics described in section 4.2.2 of Order CIN / 311/2009 of February 9 :
- "You will have access to the Master that qualifies for the exercise of the Industrial Engineer profession, who has previously acquired the competences set out in section 3 of the Ministerial Order, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer and their training is in accordance with that established in section 5 of the aforementioned Ministerial Order. "
- "Also, access to the master's degree will be allowed when the degree certificate of the interested party proves to have undergone the basic training module and the common module to the branch, not yet covering a complete block of the specific technology module and yes 48 credits of those offered in the group of blocks of said module of a degree that qualifies for the exercise of Industrial Technical Engineer, in accordance with said Ministerial Order. "
- "Likewise, they will be able to accede to this Masters that are in possession of any other title of degree without prejudice of which in this case establishes the complements of previous formation that are considered necessary".
The suitable profile will be the one that guarantees the adequate training to take with the greatest advantage the subjects established in the present masters.
The graduates of this Master have as professional exits the possibility of working both in the public and private as they can direct work teams of any kind
The objectives of the degree correspond to the competencies established in ORDEN CIN:
- Have adequate knowledge of the scientific and technological aspects of: mathematical, analytical and numerical methods in engineering, electrical engineering, energy engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, continuous media mechanics, industrial electronics, automation, manufacturing, materials, quantitative methods management, industrial computing, urban planning, infrastructures, etc.
- Design, calculate and design products, processes, facilities and plants.
- Manage, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
- Conduct research, development and innovation in products, processes and methods.
- Carry out strategic planning and apply it to construction, production, quality and environmental management systems.
- To manage technically and economically projects, facilities, plants, companies and technology centers.
- To be able to exercise general management functions, technical direction and management of R & D projects in plants, companies and technology centers.
- Apply the acquired knowledge and solve problems in new or little known environments within broader and multidisciplinary contexts.
- Being able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments from information that, incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Know how to communicate the conclusions - and the ultimate knowledge and reasons behind them - to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous way.
- Possess the learning skills that allow to continue studying in a self-directed or autonomous way.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to apply the necessary legislation in the exercise of the profession of Industrial Engineer.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context
- That the students can apply the broader (or multidisciplinary) acquired knowledge and ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within contexts related to their field of study
- Students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments
- Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous
- See the website Objectives
- Ability to understand and apply the basic knowledge principles of general chemistry, organic and inorganic chemistry and their applications in engineering.
- Knowledge of applied thermodynamics and heat transfer. Basic principles and their application to the resolution of engineering problems.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics.
- Knowledge and skills to organize and run companies
- Strategy and planning knowledge and skills applied to different organizational structures
- Knowledge of commercial and labor law
- Knowledge of financial and cost accounting
- Knowledge of information systems to management, industrial organization, production systems and logistics and quality management systems
- Abilities for work organization and human resources management. Knowledge about prevention of occupational risks
- Knowledge and skills for integrated project management
- Capacity for the management of Research, Development and Technological Innovation
- Capacity for the design, construction and operation of industrial plants
- Knowledge of construction, building, facilities, infrastructure and urban planning in the field of industrial engineering
- Knowledge and capacities for the calculation and design of structure
- Knowledge and capabilities to design and design electrical and fluid installations, lighting, air conditioning and ventilation, energy saving and efficiency, acoustics, communications, home automation and intelligent buildings and security installations
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of transportation and industrial handling
- Knowledge and skills to perform verification and control of facilities, processes and products
- Knowledge and skills to perform certifications, audits, verifications, tests and reports
- Completion, presentation and defense, once all the credits of the curriculum have been obtained, of an original exercise carried out individually before a university tribunal, consisting of an integral project of Industrial Engineering of a professional nature in which the competences acquired in the teachings are synthesized
- Knowledge and capacity for the analysis and design of systems of generation, transport and distribution of electrical energy
- Knowledge and ability to design, calculate and design integrated manufacturing systems
- Ability to design and test machines
- Ability to analyze and design chemical processes
- Knowledge and skills for the design and analysis of thermal machines and engines, hydraulic machines and industrial heat and cooling installations
- Knowledge and skills to understand, analyze, exploit and manage the different energy sources
- Ability to design electronic systems and industrial instrumentation
- Ability to design and design automated production systems and advanced process control
Orientation and tutoring
The ULL has an Information and Guidance Service (WIS) to inform, advise and guide students and the university community in general. The WIS has three different areas: an information area (scholarships and grants, university training proposals, procedures, rights and duties, deadlines and procedures), a Psychopedagogical Counseling and a Legal Advice.
In the specific case of the Master, the Academic Director of the Master gives informative talks throughout the first course to discuss novelties and remember their availability for the resolution of any problems related to the degree. The professors in charge of each area of specialization will be responsible for the tutoring of the students who attend the master's degree.
This master does not contemplate the performance of external practices.
In the end of the master's work, the student must carry out and then defend an original exercise carried out individually before a university court, consisting of an integral project of Industrial Engineering of a professional nature in which the competences acquired in the teaching are synthesized the three common modules as in the corresponding specialty).
Part of the documentation that students receive will be in English (corresponding to 5% of the teaching load of the TFM). Also, a summary of the TFM must be presented in English along with the memory that is presented for later defense.
Program taught in: