- Modality : mixed
- Beginning : October
- Duration : 1 academic year
- ECTS Credits : 60
- Director : Pedro Emilio Alcaraz
The Master in High Performance Sports: Strength and Fitness of UCAM is the first Master in Spain to achieve the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) quality seal. With this Master, students will be able to experiment with top-level athletes who train in teams sponsored by UCAM (ACB League "Endesa", SuperLiga Volleyball, Table Tennis, Handball, etc.). In addition, they will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge to be able to use the most advanced technology in Sport Performance. From an academic point of view, the Master's Degree in Sports Performance: Strength and Conditioning offers a specialized training that integrates the methodological bases necessary for conducting research studies autonomously and deepening the knowledge of the areas of sports performance And physical conditioning such as exercise physiology, biomechanics and movement analysis, design of strength programs, nutrition and ergogenic aids, etc.
With the Master in High Performance Sports: Strength and Conditioning of the UCAM, students will be able to acquire the necessary knowledge to be able to use the most advanced technology in Sports Performance, experimenting with top-level athletes who train in teams sponsored by The UCAM (ACB League "Endesa", UCAM Murcia CF, SuperLiga Volleyball, Table Tennis, Handball, etc.).
Graduates or Graduates in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences.
After completing the Master, the student, in addition to having the possibility of completing the doctorate, may opt for the following professional exits:
- Optimization, Control and Evaluation of Training, Physical Condition and Performance in Individual Sports.
- Biomechanics Applied to Health, Physical Conditioning and Sports Training.
- Physiological Adaptations of Training and Performance Evaluation.
- Performance Analysis in Team Sports
- Analysis of the Game Action and Teaching Processes Learning-Assessment in Team Sports.
- Prescription of Physical Exercise Programs.
- Physical Activity and Exercise, Functional Autonomy and Quality of Life of the Elderly, Populations, Specials and Disability.
- Learning and Control Engine.
- Personal training.
- Physical training.
- Coordination and direction of sports programs in clubs and performance centers.
- I. Methodology for research
- II. Bases of strength and fitness
- III. Exercise Physiology
- IV. Biomechanics and Movement Analysis
- V. Planning and design of programs of force and conditioning
- SAW. Sports nutrition and ergogenic aids
- VII. Physical conditioning in the elderly
- VIII. Statistical techniques applied to sports performance and fitness
- IX. Practicum
- X. Master's Degree Work
National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
The NSCA is a worldwide reference association in strength training and fitness, supporting and disseminating scientific knowledge, as well as its practical application to the field of sports performance and fitness.
The current market is becoming more competitive, and companies are looking for the most qualified professionals. Therefore, professionals who have a degree accredited by the NSCA, have an important advantage over the rest when it comes to competing in the labor market.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 14, 2017