The Interuniversity Master in Geoinformatics By the Universities of Vigo and A Coruña was born as a title of high specialization to train professionals oriented to the market of the geospatial industry. The geospatial industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in recent years due to different applications related to global positioning systems, geographic information systems, mobile devices or satellite remote sensing.
The curriculum is designed for students to acquire competencies in the design, implementation and management of spatial databases, definition and execution of geoprocesses, visualization of geographic information and realization of projects with geographic information systems. It also includes optional content designed to intensify student training in geotechnology (remote sensing and sensor networks), or in the field of information technology (development of desktop GIS applications, on the web, or on mobile systems).
Why study the degree
The objective of the Master in Geoinformatics is to offer a path of professional specialization so that the graduates of degrees that impart knowledge in information technologies and / or knowledge of geotechnology acquire the specific competences of a profession with wide demand in the labor market. In particular:
- To increase knowledge in information technologies, cartographic and geomatic engineering
- To know how to analyze the needs of a company in the geospatial field and determine the best technological solution to them
- To know how to build geospatial databases, apply and develop geoprocesses, and apply technological tools of geovisualization of data
On the other hand, the offer of external professional practices in companies of the engineering and consulting sector, as well as technological and research centers, allows to reach a contact with the labor reality of great value.
Finally, the training provided also serves to start a research career in the field of geomatics allowing access to the PhD program in Geotechnology at the University of Vigo or to the PhD program in computer science at the University of A Coruña.
Structure of the Study
- Spatial Information Representation
- Visualization of Spatial Information
- GIS Projects
- Remote Sensing and Image Processing
- Sensor Networks
- Development of Web GIS Applications
- Development of Mobile GIS Applications
Working Final Master
- Working Final Master
- Fundamentals of Cartographic Engineering
- Fundamentals of Information Systems
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 6, 2017