Technological trends in the modern world point to the need for computer systems more flexible, able to adapt to unforeseen and uncertain conditions, and interaction skills. Machine learning, analysis and data science as well as various techniques inspired by nature are generating technology to provide computer systems with the aforementioned capabilities that will transform society, economy and environment in this century. This graduate in Computer Science prepares students to be leaders in this new technological wave.
The Master of Computer Science It is aimed at professionals in areas of computer science, engineering and exact sciences mainly interested in conducting high-impact research to contribute to the knowledge of any of the specialty areas of Computer Science.
The graduate program is national coverage currently offered in Monterrey and Mexico State campus.
Lines of generation and application of knowledge
The lines of generation and application of knowledge (LGAC) who work in research groups of the program are described below:
- Bioinspired (Bio-inspired Algorithms) systems. This line of research focuses on the development, extension and modification of algorithms and methods to solve complex problems systematizing solutions informal heuristics and mathematical models.
- Machine learning models (Machine Learning). This line focuses on researching computational learning models in order to predict or identify behaviors on a set of input data or examples that leads to better decision making.
- Data Science and Applied Mathematics (Data & Computational Science). The research in data science and applied mathematics studies aspects related to data processing and statistical analysis as well as knowledge of the domain of discourse, for the purpose of extracting knowledge from data, usually high volume (big data) and that may or may not be structured. This line is complemented by the first two to structure the solution to major problems of modern life, such as food supply, water, energy, health, safety, etc.
Tecnologico de Monterrey offers full tuition scholarship. To be eligible for the scholarship must be a full-time student and meet the admission requirements of the program.
* Ask about maintenance grant options.
Prepare students to pursue a PhD in Computer Science, which is integrated MCC or a Ph.D. equivalent in another institution. Clearly scientific guidance of this master's degree enables students to carry out scientific research following the principles of replicability, absence of trends in experiments, and general application of scientific rigor; In addition, the graduate must be able to express their results in terms of rigorous, magazines own discipline, as in popular terms for purposes of popularizing science scientific communications. It is also expected to join the company as graduates, students in the program have the qualities of ethical behavior, civic and environmental awareness, leadership and teamwork that our institution promotes students.
The Master's program in Computer Science is aimed at professionals in areas of computer science, engineering and exact sciences mainly interested in conducting high-impact research to contribute to the knowledge of any of the specialty areas of Computer Science. Students entering this program should have excellent academic background, vocation in knowledge generation, fluent communication, working professionally under strict ethical standards that are open to new ways of assimilation of knowledge and professional practice and they are intellectually curious.
Program taught by teachers with doctorate degree and professional experience of the School of Engineering and Sciences ITESM.
This program has accreditations and recognitions from national and international institutions such as:
- Program accredited by the National Register of Quality Graduate (PNPC) of COCyT.
- Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America (SACS).
- Tecnologico de Monterrey is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Association of Schools and Colleges South America to grant professional degrees and degrees of masters and doctorate.
- National Quality Graduate Program (PNPC) of the National Council of Science and Technology (COCYT).
- Official recognition of the Ministry of Public Education of Mexico.
the active participation of students in their professional and personal through individual and collaborative learning promotes training. This model also allows students to build their knowledge with the guidance of experienced teachers in their field and teaching.
- CS4000 Intelligent Systems
- CS4012 Fundamentals of Computing
- GI5000 Methods Research and Innovation
- Course OP4000 stamp
- CS4013 Machine Learning
- Applied Mathematics CS4014
- CS5058 Thesis I
- CS5059 Thesis II
- OP5042 Elective I
- OP5043 Elective II
- CS5060 Thesis III
- OP5044 Elective III
- OP5045 Elective IV
At the end of the program students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of theoretical and methodological knowledge of computer science in any professional situation.
- Conduct research in their area of expertise to provide knowledge relevant to the advancement of Computer Science.
- Communicate results of their professional work in a clear, effective and efficient manner.
- The professional community work in their area of specialty with efficient leadership, collaborative and ethical manner.
- Have a professional degree.
- Have obtained an equal or greater than 90/100 average or equivalent in their professional studies.
- Get a score less than 550 on the Test of English TOEFL.
- Present Admission Test Graduate Studies (PEAP) ITESM and get a score less than 600 points.
- Academic interview with the program director.
- Submit the admission application and required documentation, as well as meet additional program requirements, they will be assessed by the Academic Director.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 10, 2017