The title has been designed fundamentally with the aim that the students of the Degree in Computer Engineering can complement their academic training and know the procedures and newest and relevant techniques in the field of Professional Informatics and its applications. The design is carried out having as a differentiating element the emphasis on standard, free and open source technologies, both for the relevant role they have acquired as a backbone in the ICT sector, and for the added value that this entails in the learning of The contents developed. This bet is transferred transversally to all the subjects that compose the master.
The purpose of the Master's degree is to acquire advanced training, specialized or multidisciplinary, aimed at academic, professional specialization and initiation in investigative tasks.
Entry and exit profile
The access profile of the student will be that of Engineer or Bachelor of Computer Science, Technical Engineer in Computer Science or Graduate in Computer Engineering, not being able to access it from any other degree that does not meet the conditions indicated in the resolution of June 8, 2009.
Information not available. sorry for the inconvenience
The percentage of employability of graduates in Information Technology is in Spain between 90 percent and 100 percent, according to the study "Employability 2012" conducted by the Conference of Directors and Deans of Computer Engineering.
The graduates of this master may develop, among others, the following professional roles:
- ICT Director, leading projects, teams and organizations of the ICT sector within the company.
- Software engineer, managing the process of developing applications to guarantee the quality, usability and satisfaction of users.
- Systems architect, designing distributed applications, or evaluating the performance of networks and systems.
- Consultant of information systems, advising on strategy in information technologies, the distribution of multimedia contents in Internet or the management of the computer security.
- Computer scientist, developing intensive computing applications, simulations of real systems or applying artificial intelligence techniques to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Ability to project, calculate and design products, processes and facilities in all fields of Computer Engineering
- Ability to apply the principles of economics and the management of human resources and projects, as well as legislation, regulation and standardization of information technology
- Capacity for the management of works and installations of computer systems, complying with the current regulations and ensuring the quality of the service
- Ability to lead, plan and supervise multidisciplinary teams
- Capacity for mathematical modeling, calculation and simulation in technological centers and engineering of company, particularly in research, development and innovation tasks in all fields related to Computer Engineering
- Capacity for the elaboration, strategic planning, direction, coordination and technical and economic management of projects in all the fields of Computer Engineering following criteria of quality and environmental
- Capacity for general management, technical direction and direction of research, development and innovation projects, in companies and technology centers, in the field of Computer Engineering
- Capacity for the start-up, management and management of manufacturing processes of computer equipment, with guarantee of the safety for people and goods, the final quality of the products and their homologation
- Ability to apply acquired knowledge and solve problems in new or little-known environments within broader and multi-disciplinary contexts, being able to integrate this knowledge
- Ability to understand and apply ethical responsibility, legislation and professional deontology of the activity of the Computer Engineering profession
- Capacity for the integration of technologies, applications, services and systems of Computer Engineering, with a general character, and in broader and multidisciplinary contexts
- Capacity for strategic planning, elaboration, direction, coordination, and technical and economic management in the fields of computer engineering related, inter alia, to: systems, applications, services, networks, infrastructures or computer facilities and development centers or factories Software, respecting the adequate fulfillment of the quality and environmental criteria and in multidisciplinary work environments
- Capacity for the management of research, development and innovation projects in companies and technological centers, with a guarantee of safety for people and goods, the final quality of products and their approval
- Completion, presentation and defense, once all the credits of the curriculum have been obtained, of an original exercise carried out individually before a university tribunal, consisting of an integral project of Computer Engineering of a professional nature in which the competences acquired in the Teachings
- Knowledge and know how to apply the operation of the world of free software and open systems in its legal, normative and economic aspects in relation to: the licensing modes, the legal status in the framework of the intellectual property legislation and its implications for the models of Business and development.
- Understand, evaluate and apply technologies, tools, resources within the framework of architectures, networks, components, services and standards in systems and free environments.
- Understand, design, evaluate and apply technologies, tools, resources, standards in the framework of software development and its implementation in systems and free environments.
- Ability to model, design, define architecture, deploy, manage, operate, manage and maintain applications, networks, systems, services and IT contents
- Ability to use and develop methodologies, methods, techniques, specific use programs, norms and standards of graphic computing
- Ability to conceptualize, design, develop and evaluate the human-computer interaction of computer products, systems, applications and services
- Ability to create and exploit virtual environments, and for the creation, management and distribution of multimedia content
- Ability to understand and apply the operation and organization of the Internet, the technologies and protocols of new generation networks, component models, intermediary software and services
- Ability to ensure, manage, audit and certify the quality of developments, processes, systems, services, applications and computer products
- Ability to design, develop, manage and evaluate mechanisms for certification and guarantee of security in the treatment and access to information in a local or distributed processing system
- Ability to analyze the information needs that arise in an environment and carry out in all its stages the process of building an information system
- Ability to design and evaluate operating systems and servers, and applications and systems based on distributed computing
- Ability to understand and be able to apply advanced knowledge of high performance computing and numerical or computational methods to engineering problems
- Ability to design and develop systems, applications and IT services in embedded and ubiquitous systems
- Ability to apply mathematical, statistical and artificial intelligence methods to model, design and develop applications, services, intelligent systems and systems based on knowledge
Orientation and tutoring
In addition to the services offered by the University of La Laguna to the entire university community, such as the canteens and residences service, sports and cultural activities, etc., students have specific support services. In particular, each student of the University of La Laguna can have the services of the two specialized advisory services, one Psychopedagogical and another Legal, in addition to those of the Information Unit, all of them integrated in the SIO (Information and Guidance Service) .
On the other hand, and specifically, in the Technical School of Computer Engineering there is a Tutorial Action Plan, so that all students can have a teacher who will work as a personal tutor. The teaching staff will be selected from among the teaching staff and the main functions will be to encourage reflection, dialogue, autonomous learning, participation in the institution and the use of training resources. It will also be functions of the tutor the orientation of the student in their studies and in their learning process, provide help to the students to configure their own training curriculum, as well as provide guidance on academic and professional decision making. The achievement of these objectives necessarily involves a precise knowledge of the difficulties and problems that are posed to students during their studies, as well as the establishment of mechanisms that allow their resolution or that, at least, provide guidance to the student allow you to make the decision that is most convenient for you.
As a guarantee of specialization and acquisition of skills and procedures aimed at the labor insertion of students, an external internship program is established with a wide variety of institutions, entities and companies in the sector.
The number of credits for the subject of external internships is fixed at 6 credits and will be taken naturally in the third semester.
The correct development of the external practices needs to have the figures of an academic tutor and an external one in the own center in which the activity is developed, participating both in the design, tutoring and evaluation. For the evaluation of this activity the student will have to elaborate a memory of the activities developed in the center of practices, of which the quality and correction of expression about the content will be valued, as well as its presentation and defense.
The Coordination of External Practices will be the responsibility of the Practices Commission, which will define the objectives, orientation, contents and requirements related to this activity, as well as plan and manage their development, carrying out the selection and assignment of tutors Academics to each student admitted in the selection process.
The Computer Engineering ETS of the ULL has experience in the organization and management of this type of activity. At present, it has formalized collaboration agreements with companies and institutions. In addition, an agreement is also available with the University of La Laguna Enterprise Foundation for the administrative management of all those aspects involved in this type of external practices (issuance of reports by business tutors, insurance processing, etc.) , to which all organizations outside the ULL may be interested in these activities.
The Final Master's Project (hereinafter TFM) involves the realization, presentation and defense of an original exercise carried out individually before a university court, consisting of an integral project of Computer Engineering in which the competences acquired in the teachings are synthesized.
The number of credits for the subject of TFM is set at 12 credits and will be taken naturally in the third semester.
The TFM will be carried out under the supervision of one or two tutors, of which at least one will belong to the teaching staff of the University of La Laguna who teach in the corresponding degree and who will act as the main tutor if the second tutor is external personnel to the University of La Laguna.
The academic committee of the master will approve a list of the subjects that the student may request to carry out his TFM, the tutors of the same, the assignment criteria, the composition of the evaluation tribunal, which, in his case, would judge the corresponding TFM and some basic rules of style, extension and structure that the TFM memory should have. The number of jobs proposed for the completion of the TFM must be at least equal to the number of places offered in the master.
The TFM will conclude with the defense of the same, which will necessarily be public. The courts will be formed by professors who teach in this degree, appointing a president and a secretary among them.
It will be required that both the summary and the conclusions and main contributions be written, in addition to Castilian, in another language of the European Union, preferably in English.
Program taught in: