This postgraduate program directs the training of human resources, directing the area of civil engineering towards the specialization of professionals in structural, construction and environmental engineering, able to participate in the different phases of the design, construction and maintenance of buildings, as well as in the management of works and their waste, with a vision to create a first world society and to obtain sustainable building models that are characterized by presenting during its construction and operation: energy saving, optimization of natural and human resources, and waste minimization.
LINES OF INVESTIGATION
- Application of Earth Sciences
- Structures and Construction
- Engineering of Hydraulic Resources and Environmental Engineering
The research lines of the Master in Civil Engineering correspond to those cultivated by the academic body of Studies and Projects in Civil Engineering, and which are recognized by the (PROMEP) as Lines of Generation and Application of Knowledge (LGAC).
To train professionals of high academic level in the areas of Environmental, Construction and Structures, with the knowledge that allows them to implement and create innovative methodologies for their professional practice, as well as for the solution of problems of the discipline, through planning, design , execution, construction and supervision of civil works and hydrosanitary infrastructure, supported by the application or generation of knowledge for the economic development of the region and the country.
MSc in Civil Engineering with option: Environmental
To train highly qualified professionals with the knowledge to plan, design, execute, supervise, construct, and efficiently operate the necessary urban hydrosanitary infrastructure in modern cities, through innovative know-how and methodologies, in accordance with legislation and policies in environmental matters, to assess the trajectory and behavior of surface and groundwater in different environmental scenarios. As well, they will be able to generate knowledge that allows developing, adapting and applying technologies in the solution of specific environmental problems for the development of the region and the country.
Master in Civil Engineering with option: Construction
To train professionals of high academic level able to plan, design, execute, supervise the different processes and build the necessary works, through specialized knowledge, innovative methodologies and the use of technological tools currently demanded by the construction industry; as well as, they will be able to propose sustainable materials and technologies for the construction through the generation of the knowledge or the technological development in agreement with the normative framework in force for the adequate economic development of the region and of the country.
MSc in Civil Engineering with option to: Structures
To train high level academic professionals capable of planning, designing, executing, constructing and supervising the different processes related to professional performance, proposing solutions that guarantee the integrity of the structures and the security of the users, with an analytical and numerical training in the characterization of structural materials and its application in the design of structural systems. Also, with the necessary skills to evaluate and diagnose the physical and structural state of existing constructions and through appropriate techniques reinforce, rehabilitate or repair such structures.
Upon completion of the Master's in Civil Engineering, the graduate will have a comprehensive profile of knowledge, skills and attitudes to develop in the scope of his professional action, once he has covered the corresponding curriculum. In this way you will be able to count on the following:
- From the foundations of a solid scientific, methodological and technical training in the field of Civil Engineering.
- In the legal framework for the performance of their work.
- In the instruments of measurement, representation and systematization of the phenomena involved in their projects should use.
- In the basic methods and procedures of applied research and writing of technical-scientific documents such as essays and articles.
- In the fundamental theories of civil engineering.
- Of the techniques of statistics and probability applied to engineering.
- In the design and construction of Hydrosanitary Infrastructure
- In the new proposals of sustainable materials for the building
- In the proposals of regulation in matter of structural security for our country.
Skills for :
- Apply the techniques and methodologies in the solution of problems.
- Generate knowledge using the scientific and methodological process.
- Identify relevant and relevant information according to the study problem.
- Propose and solve problems of professional, work and daily life in original and creative, through the design of innovative projects.
- Identify, analyze and diagnose the problem under study and develop solutions and proposals.
- Search for relevant information.
- Design and improve technologies for civil engineering.
- Detect and monitor and / or measure the parameters involved in applied research.
- Investigate, quantify, model and evaluate information for decision making.
- Perform and defend the projects, expertise and studies you do individually or as a team.
- Carry out expert reports.
- Perform consultancy and consulting in the area of Civil Engineering.
- Use computer and basic software and specialized in at least one area of Civil Engineering.
- Use the most appropriate software, tools and technological applications and measuring devices to carry out your professional work.
- To communicate in an oral and written manner to different actors and in a clear, orderly and effective way, the results of applied research projects and technological development.
- Manage new theories and calculation tools in at least one area of Civil Engineering.
- Participate actively with inter and multidisciplinary teams for problem solving.
Attitudes of :
- Permanent search for knowledge to identify and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Consciousness and responsibility of man as a transformer of nature in a context of sustainability.
- Openness in the integration of multidisciplinary groups.
- Self-learning and self-training.
- Service, responsibility and social commitment.
- Provision for continuous professional updating.
- Sensitivity to the need to protect and improve the environment and preserve the delicate balance of biogeochemical cycles.
- Commitment to future generations in the achievement of sustainable development through their professional activity, in the search for a better quality of life for humanity.
- Positive to change.
- Attachment to the regulations for the care of the sustainable.
- Respect to the ethical norms of applied and professional research work.
Requirements for obtaining the degree
- In order to obtain a Master's degree in Civil Engineering, the General Teaching Regulations shall be complied with.
- Students will prepare a terminal project (practical work, thesis or technological development) as a result of their experience and permanence in their professional stay, which they must present and defend in their undergraduate examination in a time no longer than six months after the completion of the studies, so that the degree is obtained in 2.5 years maximum.
- The title of the obtained title, will be Master in Civil Engineering specifying the terminal area.
Program taught in: