Currently, Mexico remains one of the 5 leading countries in the production of vehicles, which in addition to manufacturing, provide innovation and technological development to the automotive industry, which is one of the priority areas for economic development.
The engineering centers of the main assembly companies are present in our country, consequently, this sector demands a large number of specialized engineers and technically prepared to occupy leadership positions.
The Tecnológico de Monterrey maintains strong ties with the automotive industry, mainly focused on technological development programs.
Professionals, teachers and researchers with a desire to achieve managerial and leadership levels in areas related to automotive engineering, such as design, manufacturing, materials, energy, environment and production management.
Objective of the program
The objective of the Master in Automotive Engineering is to train professionals:
- Leaders for the design and improvement of automotive systems, which contribute to technological development in the mechanical aspects of design, manufacturing, electronics and power systems of automotive vehicles.
- Trained to carry out engineering or research projects that allow the development of technology and knowledge in areas of automotive engineering.
- Focused on promoting the creation of companies related to the automotive industry, aimed at service, manufacturing or technical consulting.
- Able to successfully complete further studies in specific areas of mechanical design, advanced manufacturing, electronics and power systems.
- Period : Half-yearly
- Start : January and August
- No. of subjects : 13 subjects + 1 remedial
- Duration: 2 years
Remedial course *
- Computerized drawing
Course stamp (choose one)
- Leadership in business innovation
- Leadership for sustainable development
Basic courses (choose one)
- Computational methods in engineering
- Mathematics applied in engineering
- Statistical methods
- Product Design
- Internal combustion engines
- Research and innovation methods
- Integrative project I
- Integrative project II
- Optional I - V
* Revalidated course for previous studies.
Areas of Concentration
Design and manufacturing
- Industrial design
- Design for six sigma
- Computer-aided engineering (FEM)
- Virtual modeling
- Automotive manufacturing
- Tooling engineering
- Advanced Materials
- Engineering of plastics and compounds
- Engineering of plastic molds and components
- Electronics and automotive control
- Hybrid and electric vehicles
- Embedded systems and in real time
- Intelligent control
- Electronic power control
Logistics and quality control
- Production engineering
- Supply chain management
- Analysis and evaluation of projects
- Analysis and design of slender systems
- Concurrent engineering
Energy and environment
- Combustion fundamentals
- Internal combustion engines
- Vehicle dynamics
- Air conditioning (VAC)
- Mechanical vibrations (NVH)
- Thermo fluids (CFD)
At the end of the program, the student will be able to:
- Develop multidisciplinary engineering projects for the solution of industrial problems through the generation, integration or innovation of technologies in the areas of automotive design and manufacturing, vehicle instrumentation systems, optimization of production means and performance of vehicle power systems.
- Actively participate in the development of industrial or research works in national and international collaborative networks.
- Design strategies and processes focused on increasing the competitiveness of existing companies through the optimization of production systems, instrumentation, logistics and product life cycle.
- Have a professional degree in engineering or related areas.
- Have obtained a 80/100 or above average or equivalent in their professional studies.
- Present Admission Test Graduate Studies (PEAP) ITESM and get a score less than 500 points.
- Academic interview with the program director
- Submit an application for admission accompanied by all the required documents.
Graduate opinion MIR
"During my studies, I had the opportunity to participate in applied research projects at the Automotive Mechatronics Research Center (CIMA). The interaction with this center allowed me to apply the knowledge I was learning in my courses to solve real problems that were facing companies in the automotive sector. " Natalia Navarrete
Benefits of studying this program
- Program linked to the industry through projects with national and international companies.
- Teachers with more than 15 years of experience innovating and solving engineering problems for the automotive industry.
- Within the infrastructure is the automotive engineering laboratory in more than 1,600 square meters, advanced design laboratory and computer-aided analysis (PACE University) and 5 engineering rooms.
- Program associated with the Center for Research in Automotive Mechatronics (CIMA), which has developed more than 100 innovation projects for the automotive industry, has published more than 120 scientific articles and has 2 registered patents in its 10 years of experience.
- The Tecnológico de Monterrey has accreditations such as: SACS, CIEES, SEP and CONACYT.
This program has 13 subjects + 1 remedial
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 4, 2017