Objectives and competencies
Are general skills in this MSc course the acquisition and further development of scientific and technical knowledge in various areas of animal production.
They are specific skills cycle of studies leading to the degree of Master of Animal Production Technologies:
- Acquire experimental procedure habits with applicability in the productive sector;
- Develop research capacity in the area of livestock production;
- Develop a critical attitude towards the current of animal production problems;
- Define the paths that lead to the best solutions in specific areas of animal production, directing their concerns to some of the current problems that the sector faces, such as the epidemiosurveillance in animal production and traceability of animal products;
- Understanding the importance of sustainability of animal production and respect for the environment, linking the proper treatment of effluent to environmental quality;
- Deepen practical problem-solving capacity in the area of animal production, rationalizing the factors of production in a sustainable way;
- Understand and have the ability to execute and implement modern technologies associated with animal production;
- Understand the principles involved in the design, planning and management of the various livestock production using new solutions and technologies;
- Contribute to quality assurance programs and food security.
See 1 more programs offered by Instituto Politécnico de Viseu – Escola Superior Agrária (ESAV) »
This course is