Current biotechnology includes a set of very sophisticated techniques and technologies, which are replacing the classical methodologies, favoring more immediate results and allowing to tackle new challenges unthinkable until a few decades ago. Today, highly qualified professionals are required to face the new challenges facing this biotechnology sector, both in business and research.
That is why the objective of this Master is twofold:
- Professionalizing : To train students who intend to dedicate themselves professionally in the biotechnological industry and / or update the knowledge and improve the training of professionals already dedicated to this activity.
- Academic-Researcher : To train students who wish to join scientific research centers in biotechnology of research teams of public and private organizations and companies.
Why study the degree
In Spain, there has been a great increase in the effort devoted to biotechnology research in recent years, which has allowed the generation of knowledge and the acquisition of experience, to the point of having favored the breeding ground capable of sustaining the creation Of companies of biotechnological base in the sector of the feeding, environment as in the one of the health. Biotechnology in Spain is not a potential but a reality that increasingly affects multiple aspects of our life and our economy.
The future development of biotechnology as a scientific, technological and industrial activity requires the incorporation of professionals with a solid scientific background and knowledge of the business world and its socio-economic environment.
The present proposal of masters in its dual orientation: professional and academic researcher tries to respond to the objective of offering quality training for future professionals of the biotechnology. That is why, if you are interested in the exciting world of biotechnology in any of its facets this master will provide you with a solid base to face the professional and / or academic-researcher world.
What is learned
The Master is distributed in two compulsory basic modules of 42 total credits and later, the student can choose one of the specialties offered (Food and Agricultural Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology and Sanitary Biotechnology) by taking 15 compulsory specialty credits and 3 electives to choose between The other specialties.
The student will carry out internships in companies or research laboratories for a period equivalent to 18 credits and finally must do a Master End Work of 12 credits related to the chosen specialty and orientation.
Structure of the Study
Methodologies and processes
- Genetic Engineering and Transgenesis
- Cellular and Tissue Engineering
- Genomics and Proteomics
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Processes and Biotech Products
- Application techniques in biotechnology
Management, control and audit of bio-enterprises
- Organization and management: business management and effective laboratory management
- Audit of biotechnology companies
- Legal and ethical aspects in Biotechnology
Food and agricultural biotechnology
- Food Biotechnology
- Food analysis. Food safety and traceability
- plant biotechnology
- Animal Biotechnology
- Biotechnology applied to sustainable development
- Environmental pollution
- Environmental technology and water management
- Environmental technology and soil and air management
- Environmental prevention, management and audits
- Diagnosis and molecular therapy
- Assisted reproduction
- Design and production of vaccines and drugs
- Design of new specific drugs (Pharmacology and Pharmacogenomics)
- Biotechnological tools for forensic analysis
Master Thesis project
- Work End of Master
Professional and academic outputs
Professional in Biotechnology of the production, management and quality control systems of the food and agricultural industries, environmental and biomedical industries.
Biotechnology industries in the food and agriculture, environment and biomedical sector and public and private scientific research centers in biotechnology.
The Master is intended to be a postgraduate offer of quality potentially useful for the Degrees / Degrees of Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Environmental Sciences, Marine Sciences and Chemical or Agronomic Engineering , As well as a way for the formation of professionals and doctors among the graduates of those degrees. This is due to the multidisciplinary approach of biotechnology involving several disciplines.
Common access requirements
The access profiles for this Master include all university degrees in the field of Experimental Sciences or Health Sciences.
Preferred access profiles are as follows:
- Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology, Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary, Environmental Sciences, Marine Sciences and Chemical or Agronomic Engineering (Note: Average grade x 1).
- Ld./Graduated in other qualifications (Note: Average grade x 0.5).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017