This Master's proposal is a possible continuation for those students who have completed the Degree in Computer Engineering. In addition, it will be taught in a blended way, favoring that those IT professionals who are in the exercise of the profession could be updated, thus making the Master compatible with their work situation. 50% of face-to-face will be required to guarantee the execution of in-person practices and evaluation activities.
Security Auditor and Data Scientist. The students will be able to adequately propose security consulting / audit projects as well as their implementation plan. Will know the steps to follow and will have the necessary capacity to adapt / flexibilize them depending on the type of organization targeted.
- Be able to apply the knowledge acquired to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within contexts related to computer security or data intelligence.
- Maintain an attitude of permanent updating, which allows them to study autonomously through training. Continues in his future professional performance as experts in computer security and data intelligence.
- Develop teamwork skills and communication skills to maintain relationships with other professionals and relevant organizations.
- Have the analytical and resolution capacity to attend to real problems in accordance with ethical and social values and with the utmost respect for current legislation.
- That students know how to apply the knowledge acquired and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- That students have the learning skills that allow them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and manage information security processes in an organization.
- Ability to verify the correct operation of security measures, and compliance with the rules and laws that apply.
- Ability to identify the risks linked to the occupation of computer services, proposing solutions to provide them with a good level of security.
- Experience in the design and programming of security controls; analysis of robust applications to security vulnerabilities; preparation of libraries with security functions for use by the systems development area; security support in the area of systems development; insurance development consulting.
- Knowledge to safeguard and protect data and information held by the systems and ensure the continuity of operations preventing possible computer attacks.
- Ability to analyze key business processes looking for possible risks that affect technological infrastructures to the design and implementation of security measures aligned with company policies and legal regulations.
- Be able to model and solve real problems using data science techniques.
- Know how to prepare documentation and training manuals for users on the Information Security Policies established in the company.
- Be able to obtain, process and store data from different sources and in different formats.
- Be able to analyze a set of data, using the appropriate techniques and methodologies, to identify the relevant relationships between them.
- Be able to visualize the data and the relevant relationships between them.
- Be able to effectively communicate the conclusions reached after analyzing a set of data.
This Master is directed mainly, though not only, to students from careers with a scientific-technical profile: ICT Engineering, such as Computer Science and Telecommunications, and related degrees, such as Mathematics and Statistics.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 9, 2018