What does it consist of?
The main objective of the master's degree is the training of accounting and auditing professionals at a higher level. It is aimed at university graduates who want to expand their knowledge on matters related to accounting and auditing. To enter the Master in Accounting and Auditing, you must hold a Diploma in Business Administration, a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, a Bachelor's Degree in Economics or an equivalent qualification from the previous ones, as well as Graduate degrees in Business Administration and Management and Economics. Diplomas and Graduates in Tourism can also be accepted, depending on the study plan of the university of origin, which would be analyzed to check the accounting training included.
Within the offer of the subjects of the master's degree the pertinent itineraries are presented (according to the degree of access to the master's degree) so that students can obtain exemption from the theoretical part of the first exam to access the ROAC.
What will you learn?
The program aims to empower the student:
- The ability to interpret accounting information.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting and auditing regulations, as well as the ability to apply it correctly.
- The capacities to be able to give satisfaction to the functions that the society demands to the expert accountant, more and more complex, in logic congruence with the amplitude and the complexity of the economic and social activity.
- The informed criterion of the person in the professional practice in front of situations or new and unforeseen problems.
What can you do when you're finished?
On the one hand, training will enable students to exercise a professional activity linked to accounting. In the case that the student attends the subjects of audit, will be able to start in the field of audit firms.
During the master's degree, practices are developed in accounting consulting firms, in accounting departments of companies, as well as in auditing companies. All this produces an approach between the student and the profession, providing a first contact with work experience.
Admission profile and admission criteria
The admission body of the students will be the Admission Committee, made up of the director, the head of studies and the person responsible for the administrative services of the degree.
The offer of places is 30 students.
For admission to the Master's Degree in Accounting and Auditing, you must hold a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Management, as well as the former Diplomas in Business Studies, a Bachelor in Business Administration, a Bachelor's Degree in Economics or the old degrees. equivalent to the previous ones. You can also accept the degrees of Graduate in Tourism (also Diploma in Tourism) and Graduate in Economics, depending on the study plan of the university of origin, which would be analyzed to check the accounting training included.
University graduates who have completed other studies (and who do not have sufficient accounting training from the previous section) can access the master's degree if they demonstrate sufficient accounting knowledge. This knowledge will be demonstrated whenever an access test is passed for this purpose that will be done in July.
The criteria for selecting the students that meet the requirements, as well as their weight, are the following:
- Academic record. The average of the student's academic record will be assessed with a maximum of 10 points.
- Professional experience. The professional experience of the candidates in the accounting field will be assessed with a maximum of 3 points.
- Previous university education in accounting matters. The level of previous university education of the students in accounting and auditing will be valued up to a maximum of 2 points.
The tutorial action of the students, once enrolled, is carried out by the director of the master and focuses on guiding the students during their studies on any academic issue.
Program taught in: