Name of the program: Master's Degree in Sustainability
DGP key: 129501
Normal period to graduate: 4 semesters
Degree that confers: Master in Sustainability
Campus where it is offered: Hermosillo
The general objective of the master's program is to contribute to society in the transition towards more sustainable lifestyles, by training professionals with a holistic and ethical perspective; with the knowledge and skills to plan, implement and evaluate interventions that lead to prevent, eliminate and / or reduce risks and environmental and occupational impacts in the area of their profession and / or development for the benefit of their community.
The goals are those listed below:
- To train students in the state of the art of knowledge in sustainability.
- Prepare students to solve unsustainability problems taking into account all the dimensions of Sustainable Development.
- Promote technological innovation in the solution of sustainability problems.
- Offer consulting services to all types of organizations located in the region.
- Participate with society in its transition to sustainable lifestyles.
What Will Your Competencies Be When You Finish The Program?
The graduate of the Master of Sustainability in relation to the competences:
- Understands and puts into practice the three dimensions of sustainability.
- Evaluate social problems and their relationships with the dimensions of sustainability.
- Applies sustainability methodologies in the realization of projects.
- It implements training programs to apply techniques and methodologies that prevent, reduce or eliminate environmental and occupational risks.
- Identify the social and environmental cost of development projects.
- Coordinates groups for the sustainable management of resources.
- Advises working groups on the preparation and application of official norms and Mexican standards.
- Understands compliance with environmental, occupational and public health regulations.
- Advises and evaluates the regulations and procedures in organizations.
- Advise on environmental quality management systems.
- Promotes public and organizational policies with a sustainable approach.
- It promotes procedures so that sustainability becomes the transversal axis of public policies.
- It promotes the development and increase of community management capacities.
List of subjects
- Design for the Environment
- Economy in Sustainable Development
- Cleaner production
- Reduction in the use of toxics
- Environmental management systems
- Industrial Ecology
- Technology and Human Resources
- Occupational health
- Intelligent Sustainable Systems
- Environmental impact
Lines of generation and / or application of knowledge of the program.
- Cleaner production. Its objective is to propose new directions in production patterns that result in prevention, elimination and / or reduction of occupational and environmental risks while increasing or maintaining the profitability of the organization. Although this line emphasizes the reformulation of processes and products; It is very feasible to apply its principles in service and commercial organizations.
- Environmental management. The present line promotes the effective and efficient use of resources through environmental management systems; usually the projects in this line are focused on identifying environmental and / or occupational impacts, designing programs and implementing them.
- Innovation and sustainability This line promotes projects that promote sustainable development through constant innovation, facilitated by technological tools.
Dr. Luis Eduardo Velázquez Contreras
Dr. Javier Esquer Peralta
Dr. Nora Elba Munguía Vega
C. to Dr. Rafael Pérez Ríos
Dr. Clara Rosalía Álvarez Chávez
MC David Slim Zepeda Quintana
How to enter this postgraduate course?
- General data format.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, administration or areas at the end. A hard copy of the title is required.
- Certified Copy Birth certificate.
- 4 photos credential size.
- IFE Copy or Mexican Passport Copy.
- Certificate of grades indicating final average or proof of completion of studies indicating the final average.
- Proficiency in the English language that must be demonstrated.
- Letter of exposition of motives free format.
- Interview with the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Course.
- Acredit module zero or introductory.
- Option: Cleaner production and prevention of pollution. This option is aimed at all professionals, teachers and interested persons who have graduated from an engineering degree interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, abilities and abilities that allow them to design, operate and maintain sustainable production and consumption systems from a holistic perspective. -integral that affects the well-being and quality of life for present and future generations.
- Option: Sustainability Management. This option is aimed at all professionals, teachers and interested persons who have graduated from a degree in engineering, economics, biological, social or area to order; interested in acquiring knowledge, skills, abilities and capacities that allow them to design, operate and maintain Sustainability Management systems from a holistic-integral perspective that affects the well-being and quality of life for present and future generations.
What do you need to get the degree?
To obtain a master's degree, you must:
- Approve the total credits and meet the other requirements established in the corresponding graduate program.
- Proof of understanding a language other than Spanish, as established by the Academic Committee of the Postgraduate Program according to the study program.
- Pass the examination of grade in the written phase and in the oral phase before a jury named ex profeso.
- For the degree of doctor, to pass a general examination of knowledge in the case in which the graduate program contemplates it.
- Comply with the provisions and requirements demanded by the School Services Office for the issuance of the degree.
To pass the degree examination in the written phase and in the oral phase to approve their defense of the master's thesis, which will be individual and must show a global coherent research effort following a scientific methodology.
How much does it cost to study this postgraduate course?
Cost of the EXANI-III
The registration cost of applicants to enter the Universidad de Sonora is announced annually along with the first entry notice.
Registration and tuition fees
Students, when enrolling in any of the graduate programs, must cover the corresponding fees according to the current minimum wage in the city of Hermosillo, as established in the Quotas Regulation.
Dr. Luis Eduardo Velázquez Contreras
Building 5O Blvd. Luis Encinas J and Rosales S / N, Col. Centro. Hermosillo, Sonora.
Tel: 52 (662) 2592252
href = "http://www.posgradosustentabilidad.uson.mx/