Successful completion of a Bachelor degree in a discipline related to the diverse areas of sports management including management, business, marketing, finance, accounting, law, public relations, exercise and sports science.
The Master of Sports Management explores the professional challenges and opportunities for managers in the complex international sporting landscape from a grassroots level to elite professional sports organisations and events. The program is designed to enhance the career opportunities of established professionals, as well as assist individuals aspiring to develop a career in this unique sector. Based on the latest research and in consultation with industry, the professional practice of sports management is addressed including managing high-performance sport, business strategies, strategic sports marketing including social media, events and facilities management, finance, law, governance and organisational leadership. The program will give you access to leading experts in sport, law, business and public relations who possess a wealth of industry experience, including working with elite athletes and consulting to national sporting organisations.
Semester 1 (January)
- Social Media: Risks and Opportunities
- Managing Sustainable Sports Events and Venues
- Strategic Sport Marketing
- Global Sports Law and Governance
Semester 2 (May)
- Strategic Sport Management
- Research Methods in Humanities and Social Sciences
Plus one subject from the following:
- Evidence-Based Research Project
- Sports Management Professional Preparation
Semester 3 (September)
- Managerial Finance
- Managing High-Performance Sport
- International Sport Business
- Strategic Organisational Communication and Leadership
WORK EXPERIENCE AND INTERNSHIPS
You will have the opportunity to gain practical industry experience and to network through an optional internship component. Through this component, you will gain valuable insight into the practice requirements and career opportunities of the global sports industry. Bond University enjoys affiliations with numerous local, national and international sports organisations which grant access to real life opportunities including internships, work experience and research.
Alternatively, you may undertake an Evidence-Based Research Project related to your field of interest or work.
The Bond University Master of Sports Management program is designed to prepare you for a range of leadership and management roles in sport-specific disciplines.
Upon completion of the program, you will be well-positioned to seek employment in a range of settings in the multi-faceted sports industry at the local, national and international levels. The global context of the program will enable you to seek employment in Australia and abroad. You may find employment in the government, community, private and not-for-profit sectors including:
- Professional sports teams, leagues and affiliated organisations,
- Community and government sport and recreation services,
- Local, state and national sport governing bodies,
- Major event corporations,
- Sports venue management,
- High-performance sports development and player management,
- Sports advertising, media relations, sponsorship and marketing,
- Apparel and merchandising companies,
- Logistics, compliance and financial operations.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 30, 2017