High-Demand Degree: Combine your desire to make a difference with an advanced social work degree to become a qualified professional in a growing field.
The part-time Online Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) program offered by the Adelphi University School of Social Work blends compelling theoretical study and real-world training to prepare students for diverse opportunities and rewarding careers in a vital and expanding field.
Full-time faculty delivers personalized instruction in a convenient online format—with twice-yearly, on-campus learning experiences. You benefit from a high-touch, high-quality education with the flexibility to balance all your obligations.
Your Adelphi Online M.S.W also includes comprehensive assistance with field placements—wherever you reside.
Master of Social Work online students graduate ready for licensure, and assume roles as social workers, administrators and educators in a range of settings that include:
- Medical clinics
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation centers
- Community mental health agencies
- Substance misuse clinics
- Public and private schools
- Child welfare organizations
- Health and human services departments
- Military Bases
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs centers and clinics
- Correctional facilities
- Private practices
Who Can Benefit
The M.S.W. program online is geared to individuals with busy professional and personal lives who want to expand their knowledge, hone their skills, and earn a professional credential that is required for employment or career advancement in the field. Since we offer three distinct paths to degree completion, our students have varying educational and professional backgrounds and may have no professional social work experience. They typically are interested in human nature and social justice and want to make a difference in people’s lives. They include:
- Recent college graduates
- Health and human services workers who want to advance their careers
- Individuals returning to the workforce
- Career Changers
- Our unique blend of online learning and five to six intensive residencies at our Long Island campus offer you a convenient educational option that makes sense for training in a discipline based on human connection.
- Distinguished full-time faculty members with diverse research interests and professional backgrounds provide students with an exceptionally rich learning experience.
- You flourish with comprehensive field placement support and benefit from a curriculum geared to licensure—in any state.
- You gain an advantage in the field by graduating from a high-ranked school with a strong alumni network and national reputation for excellence.
- We offer three paths to degree completion, tailored to your educational and professional background and geared to obtaining licensure.
- Flexible entrance requirements—no GRE required
About the School of Social Work
Established in 1949 and continually accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) since 1951, the Adelphi University School of Social Work has been leading the field for more than 65 years.
We train practitioners to improve the lives of individuals, families, groups, and communities. The School is a strong advocate for social justice and a driving force for ethical social work practice. For these reasons and more, we are consistently ranked as one of the top programs in the nation.
Our classes are small and supportive, whether they are taught in a traditional classroom setting or online. We balance a challenging curriculum with a choice of flexible learning formats. Our faculty members are engaged social work scholars with extensive teaching experience. They also are recognized leaders in their respective fields.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 16, 2018