Graduates will be able to:
- develop social work research and produce social work knowledge;
- analyse the mission and objectives of contemporary social work in the local and global context promoting human rights and social justice;
- reflect the integrity of theory, practice and ethics in social work process;
- analyse the interrelations between social policy, social structures and resources and design social projects;
- critically analyse interactions between social worker and client and perform interventions in complex situations;
- apply social work intervention methods emphasising participation of clients in the change process;
- understand the principles, methods and restrictions of social worker activity in organisation and community;
- reflect the learning and professional experience, professional relations in organisations and continue learning independently, developing social work profession.
Master degree in Social Work provides possibilities:
- continue studies in doctoral programs (PhD) in sociology, social work, science of education and in other social sciences programs;
- to work as a managers and as a superior social workers in social security, education, healthcare, law institutions: social support departments in municipalities, social services centres, residential care institutions, day-care and community centres, nongovernmental organizations, hospitals, prisons, schools, universities, colleges, social research organizations.
Program graduates are able to plan, organize and manage social services; design and implement national and international social work programs and projects; carry out social research; implement preventive programs; teach in social work programs; develop social workers` competences; plan, implement and evaluate intervention process working with individuals, groups, families and communities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 19, 2017