- Develop expertise in casework, assessment and intervention, practice frameworks, policy, and ethical and legal contexts of practice.
- Complete in 2 years full-time with a flexible mix of online learning, block attendance, and external delivery.
- Graduate eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
- Gain experience in extensive field placements supervised by a professional social worker.
What to expect
The Master of Social Work provides graduates with an internationally recognized qualification in social work and is accredited by the Australian Association of Social Workers.
During the course students will develop knowledge and expertise in:
- casework and case management practice
- assessment and intervention
- political economy and policy-making
- ethical and legal contexts of practice
- theoretical and practice framework that incorporate child wellbeing and mental health contexts
Students also complete 1,000 hours of supervised field placements.
Students are required to attend compulsory on-campus sessions each semester. This includes a requirement to attend sessions during Orientation Week. All commencing students will need to ensure they are available to attend.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
You will need a valid blue card to complete practical placements in this course.
This course is designed for graduates from other disciplines seeking a qualification in social work. It is not suitable for qualified social workers seeking additional postgraduate study.
This innovative course is designed to deliver graduates who can work in a variety of government, non-government, and not-for-profit sectors, either in direct support or outreach services, community development or policy and social advocacy positions.
Graduates are eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2020: $31,100 per year full-time (96 credit points)
Program taught in: