Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying)
The Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) enables students with an existing undergraduate degree to undertake study leading to a professionally accredited social work degree, recognised by the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Students will develop knowledge and skills necessary for professional practice in a range of practice fields, and the course has a very strong practical component, with students completing two field education placements.
The course offers maximum study flexibility with a range of delivery modes. Students studying in limited attendance mode are supported through print and online materials as well as annual, compulsory, on-campus residential workshops.
Students with significant social welfare and human services experience may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning for one field education placement.
Students graduating from this program are eligible for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW). This program is accredited with the AASW, and this accreditation is recognised internationally.
- WS2121:03 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Skills and Frameworks for Practice
- WS2513:03 Community Work
- WS4005:03 Social Inquiry Analysis
- WS5005:03 Social Policy Analysis
- WS5025:03 Advanced Group Work
- WS5027:03 Working in Child and Family Welfare
- WS5303:09 Field Education 1
- WS5604:09 Field Education 2
- WS5603:03 Social Work and Mental Health
- WS5516:03 Foundations for Social Work Practice
- WS5611:03 Professional Development for Social Work Practice
- WS5514:03 Theories for Social Work Practice
CRICOS code: 070091A
This school offers programs in: