A cooperation between University of Jordan and Cologne University of Applied Sciences Current global trends such as population and economic growth as well as climate change exert increasing pressure on water resources worldwide, which are the basis for food production, urban and industrial water supplies and hydropower. Experts are needed who understand that multiple problems of water resources management can only be addressed through a holistic approach considering both technical and socioeconomic problems of resources use. These experts should also have knowledge of the practices of project funding and international cooperation.
For bilateral projects between Germany and Arab countries, there is a need for experts being familiar with the culture, language, and politics of both sides and are skilled in intercultural communication.
The MSc »IWRM« has the objective to form such experts and to promote the concept of IWRM in the context of German-Arab cooperation.
What do we offer?
- courses and technical field visits on the latest concepts and technologies of water management
- living and learning in an Arab country and in Germany
- getting first-hand advice from high-level professionals and entrepreneurs in the Arab and German water sector
- training on project management and leadership qualifications
- information on practice and projects of international cooperation
What do we expect?
In order to participate, you should
- be highly motivated to learn and work in a bicultural (German-Arab) environment
- have a professional or academic background related to the water sector
- be fluent in English (TOEFL 550 point or IELTS Band 6)
- be willing to take up leadership positions in the future
- What are your perspectives?
- excellent career opportunities in international cooperation and development assistance
- working for Arab or German companies in the expanding business sector “water management”
- leadership positions in the public and private water sector
- become part of a German-Arab network of excellence on IWRM
New application deadline is 31st of January 2015.
Program taught in: