This two years Master’s programme will provide knowledge on transforming enterprise objectives into a creative user experience and delivering a supportive IT architecture.
User experience in ever-changing environment
Personal devices such as tablets, smartphones, and wearables are replacing desktop computers at the workplace and in the home. Work is often done on the go, in a mobile and ever-changing environment – switching from one device to another and moving first from the office to the bus stop, and then home.
Since the emergence of the iPhone, user experience design has become central to making our interactions with all kinds of digital devices functional, productive, and inspiring – thus raising expectations when we use business IT systems. IT architectures fuel cross-channel, mobile, and cloud-based solutions. Companies and individuals move their data to the cloud, they use software as a service (SaaS), and they engage both socially and commercially via the Internet. Meanwhile, in the workplace, manufacturers have introduced intelligent robotics to automate production.
Rethinking of the way IT solutions are designed and architected
The underlying information systems supporting this shift are changing too, introducing new constraints and goals. This requires a new mindset, a rethinking of the way IT solutions are designed and architected to transform enterprise objectives into a creative user experience and to deliver a supportive IT architecture.
This master will equip you with knowledge and skills to tackle these challenges. You will learn user experience design, IT architecture and enterprise architecture. You will be able to design and develop mobile and server-side solutions, as well as learn to master the fundamentals of service design and cloud computing.
With this Master's degree, you will be prepared to work in various roles such as user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, IT architect or IT strategist, cloud solution architect, or enterprise architect. You will also be prepared for doctoral studies.
Courses within the programme
Courses are preliminary and may be subject to change.
- User Experience Design 6 credits
- Industrial Product Realization: Process - Methods – Leadership 9 credits
- Development for Mobile, Wearable and Smart Devices 6 credits
- Information Architecture 6 credits
- Development of Server-side Solutions 6 credits
- Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Design 7.5 credits
- Next Generation Web 6 credits
- Software Entrepreneurship and Business Planning 7.5 credits
- Product Development in Cross-discipline Teams 1 3 credits
- Product Development in Cross-discipline Teams 2 3 credits
- Industry Placement Course 9 credits
- Engineering of Socio-technical Systems 6 credits
- Product Development in Cross-discipline Teams 3 9 credits
- Elective course:
- • Cloud Computing and Data Analytics 6 credits
- • Software Engineering - a Product Perspective 6 credits
- Final Thesis Work, Master 30 credits
- Credits: 120,0 ECTS credits
- Level: Master's
- Rate of study: Full-time
- Place of study: Campus-based
- Language: English
- Start date: Autumn 2018
The applicant must hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree (i.e the equivalent of 180 ECTS credits at an accredited university) with at least 90 ECTS credits in informatics, computer science, computer engineering, interaction design (with relevant courses inweb programmingg), or equivalent. Proof of English proficiency is required.
About the School
We build an international university in Jönköping which attracts highly qualified, inventive and enterprising people from all around the world. We contribute to sustainable economic, social and cultur ... Read More