Technology of Wood and Plastic
- Degree awarded: Master of Science in Engineering (MSc)
- Workload: 120 ECTS
- Language of instruction: English
- Duration: 2 years
- Number of places available: 15
- Number of full tuition fee waivers: 10
- Pre-Requisites: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields
The Technology of Wood and Plastic international degree programme provides specialisation either in woodwork or plastic technology. Teaching is organised into modules combining lectures, seminars and laboratory work in the recently renovated laboratory of Polymer Physics and Technology, which is equipped with state-of-the-art devices. The programme also emphasises the basic practical knowledge of CAD-engineering programmes and CAM-manufacturing technologies as they are extremely important in every industrial sector all over the world. The curriculum gives students the unique opportunity to implement their individual research projects in collaboration with various companies.
- All courses are taught by using blended learning solutions (face-to-face + e-learning) which makes the learning process more flexible
- Students have the opportunity to visit different wood-, plastic, and furniture products manufacturing companies, so they are getting familiar with production
- Three hands-on scientific research or industrial projects develop students’ skills and provide a smooth transition from university studies to a professional career
Future career options
This Master programme gives for students` vocational and professional preparation for working in the international engineering industry as a designer/constructor, specialist, industrial engineer or middle manager. This curriculum gives valuable knowledge and the practical experience necessary to work with customised furniture projects (hotels, restaurants, public sector buildings, cruise ships) or material selection and technology development for plastic products manufacturing. Skills in CAD/CAM engineering work in connection with knowledge about the technological properties of wood-, laminates, plywood, chipboard, medium density fibreboard, plastics, metals, leather, textiles and composite materials that might come in handy for different professions.
Programme specific requirements
Please pay attention as this programme you are applying for, has specific prerequisites:
- Bachelor’s degree of equivalent in natural sciences or technical fields
- Skype interview- will be conducted to candidates who have passed preliminary evaluation
Motivation letter/personal statement
For each programme you apply to, an individual motivation letter (statement of purpose) must be inserted.
Please include following:
- highlight why you would like to attend the chosen programme; previous working and studying experiences;
- interest of specialisation (wood or plastic);
- ideas for master´s thesis;
- your future academic and career goals.
PS! It is important to properly cite any sources (quotations, publications, ideas which are not your own etc.) used in your motivation letter, because to do otherwise would be plagiarism and result in disqualification.
For general admission requirements please visit the Admissions section.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2017