Introduces the administrative concepts, the legal and financial skills, and the social and ethical issues required to successfully manage growing complex technology organizations.
For industry professionals seeking to join the ranks of tomorrow's technology leaders.
Career options include:
- Project Leader
- Technology Manager
- Project Executive
- CIO: Chief Information Officer
- 4 Program Core Courses 12 credits +
- 4 Technology Leadership Required Courses 12 credits +
- 3 Technology Leadership Elective Courses 9 credits =
- 11 Program Total Courses 33 credits
M.S. in Technology Leadership Required Courses
- MSIN 610 Advanced Information Technology Project Management
- MSIN 611 Leadership in the Technology Organization
- MSIN 621 Budgeting and Finance for Technology Managers
- MSIN 622 Legal, Social and Ethical Issues in Technology
M.S. in Technology Leadership Elective Courses
- MSIN 649 Information Security Management
- MSIN 657 Knowledge Management
- MSIN 661 Strategic Collaboration Technologies
- MSIN 663 Business Process Management
- MSIN 669 Managing and Implementing Big Data Analytics in Today's Business Environment
- MSIN 675 Professional Internship Experience
Any Other Elective Approved by the Dean
Technology Leadership Preparatory Courses
To enroll in this concentration, you must either have an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or a baccalaureate degree in any field with relevant technology experience. You may be required to take some or all of the following courses:
- MSIN 411 Computer Concepts
- GCO 232 Advanced Programming
- WMMN 607 Database Concepts and Design
- MSIN 640 Data Communications
For admission to the Master’s programs in the Graduate School of Technology, students must achieve the following:
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited academic institution, supported by the evidence of an official transcript from the undergraduate institution.
- Fulfillment of the English Language Proficiency requirement, if applicable.
Special Admission Requirements:
- A major in Computer Science or Information Systems is recommended, but not required.
- A minimum of 9 semester hours of computer science courses, including the prerequisites for the desired concentration or their equivalents, is required; alternatively, we will require preparatory courses to be completed (see desired concentration for details).
- A current resume.
How to Apply
Your application must be submitted online at apply.touro.edu. Be sure to submit with your application the following items:
- Application fee of $50.
- One official transcript from every postsecondary college attended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An essay describing personal goals and objectives in applying to the program of your choice.
- Immunization records and completed meningitis response form.
Candidates may be invited for an interview with the Program Chair (or their designee).