This program combines the study of the general principles of complex engineering system construction with participation in satellite, drone and robotic systems-building projects. The program is also aimed to provide the fundamental skills in data analysis for the development of complex system applications fostering the synergies and interdependencies between engineering, industry, and space science (satellite imagery and communications, satellite navigation, remote sensing and in-situ data of space weather). We teach students to find creative solutions to the biggest challenges of space and robotics industries.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
Our graduates will possess fundamental knowledge in the field of system design and practical skills in the creation of complex systems. They will be able to:
- explain a holistic view of space missions and systems
- tо create new services in navigation, communications, earth observation, and space environment
- conceive, design, implement and operate space systems, with an emphasis on space sensors, payloads, and onboard systems
- conduct new observations and measurements from space
- to design build and test your own satellite (CubeSat)
- build a career or create a startup in the field of space and robotics industry
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Education: Relevant bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in aerospace-related areas.
English language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)
Program taught in: