The MSc in Safety Engineering for Transport, Logistics, and Production provides a high level of advanced training, to enable graduated students to operate in the areas related to safety engineering in
- transportation systems
- industrial production
so as to realize the acquired ability to conceive, plan, design and manage complex, innovative systems and processes, with particular attention to safety aspects.
Graduated in Civil, Industrial and Information Engineering can enroll directly.
Learning by doing
The course combines traditional lessons with:
- lab activities and development of projects
- intensive seminars and courses
- (elective) internships in industry or in a research labs
- (elective) study periods abroad
All the lessons are in English
Job opportunities (as experienced by graduated in previous Academic Years)
- research structures (universities, research centers, etc.)
- engineering companies and/or large professional firms operating in the field of design, implementation, security management with reference to the transport and territorial systems
- public and private institutions that handle large lines infrastructure (railways, highways, etc.)
- government (municipalities, provinces, regions, port authorities, etc.)
What you will learn
Transport System Engineering: Tools for analyzing and designing transport systems
Methods for Logistics and Applications: Logistics and integrated inventory management techniques
Principles of Industrial Safety Engineering: Safety, sustainability, and quality management in industrial systems
Smart Logistics and Automated Transport: Smart intermodal and automated transport systems and of the relevant technologies
ICT for Transport, Logistics, and Production: Methodologies and technologies for data collection, transmission, and analysis
Rail and Maritime Transport Systems: Technical and functional characteristics of rail and maritime transport systems
The MSc in Safety Engineering for Transport, Logistics, and Production aims at providing the student a high and advanced level of training, with particular reference to:
- the risk assessment and management, and in particular the planning, design, and management of both safety (protection against accidental events) and security (protection than intentional events).
- the planning and management of the mobility of people and goods, through the knowledge of the fundamental elements of transport and logistics systems, as well as the criteria to define the physical characteristics of isolated infrastructures a network of infrastructures, with particular reference to the relevant functions and interdependencies.
- the development and use of advanced methods to manage logistics and production systems with the aim of achieving the best quality, safety, and sustainability of this kind of systems.
- the analysis and evaluation of the externalities of transport, logistics and production systems, with explicit reference to the particular safety aspect and issues characterizing each phase of the mobility of people and goods, even within the production plants connected, and their interaction with the surrounding environment.
Degree type: Master of Science
Duration and credits: 2 Years / 120 CFU
Class: LM-26 Ingegneria della Sicurezza
Admission: Free access
Teaching language: English
Teaching mode: Lectures
International partnerships: Student exchange
Head of the program: Nicola Sacco
Old website: link
Learn more here
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 31, 2018