Master of Science in Renewable Energy Systems (MSc)
This Master Program is unique throughout Europe's postgraduate education landscape. It is the first cross-border course dealing with the future issues of alternative energy production.With this comprehensive education in the field of renewable energy, you acquire knowledge and competence for the design of plants for the use of renewable energy sources from an economic and legal point-of-view, the operation of plants and the future assessment of environmental, technical and economic developments of renewable energy systems.
Final Degree "Master of Science" (MSc) granted by the TU Wien
Language of Instruction English
Duration 4 semesters, part-time program, presented in modules
Program Start November 15, 2018
Application Deadline June 30, 2017
This master's program focuses on three aspects in particular: technological innovations, management of sustainable energy systems, and economic as well as legal frameworks.
- Technological Innovations: Participants acquire a basic technical knowledge in the area of alternative energy production. The fast-changing nature and development of this sector are specifically considered. Focal points are solar energy, wind power, biomass, biogas, small hydropower stations, photovoltaics, biofuel, and geothermal technology as well as issues, such as energy saving and energy efficiency.
- Management of Sustainable Energy Systems: Convey skills, such as project development, project financing, project operation, and knowledge of business management. Furthermore, participants obtain a detailed market overview on selected European countries.
- General Economic and Legal Framework: Participants obtain knowledge on the general economic and legal frameworks of European Union as well as national directives and legal provisions of selected European countries.
- Introduction on Renewable Energy
- Biomass, Biofuels, and Biogas
- Solar Energy – Solar Heating and Photovoltaics
- Geothermal Energy, Wind Power, and Small Hydro Power
- Efficient Energy Use and Thermal Building Optimization
- General Legal and Economical Frameworks
- Integration of Renewable Energy Sources into the Energy System
- Management and Soft Skills
- Perspectives on the Use of Renewable Energy
- Master's Thesis
To provide the participants with in-depth knowledge of energy markets in Europe, tailor-made country modules in selected European countries are an essential part of this MSc program. For more information on the country modules, please visit our homepage.
Individuals within companies, organizations, and authorities who are engaged in planning, operating or evaluation of renewable energy or who are involved in financing, promotion, legal licensing, the operation of facilities for the use of renewable energy or environmental issues.
With the MSc Program, you acquire knowledge and competence for
- the design of plants for the use of renewable energy sources from economic and legal point-of-view
- the operation of plants for the use of renewable energy sources,
- the future assessment of environmental, technological and economic developments of renewable energy systems.
Admission requirements are a Baccalaureate degree, Magister degree, or a diploma or equivalent in a relevant area of specialty (predominantly final degrees related to engineering, technology, natural science, economics or law) and a minimum of 2 years of professional experience. Persons holding an equivalent educational and professional qualification may also be admitted.
EUR 19,500 (excluding travel expenses and cost of room and board).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018