Real Estate, MSRE
Offered in: CHICAGO
Roosevelt University offers three graduate level programs in real estate: a Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Real Estate (see information under the MBA listing in this catalog), a Master of Science in Real Estate and a Graduate Credential in Commercial Real Estate Development.
Real Estate students benefit from the Marshall Bennett Institute of Real Estate which supports them through guest lecturers, mentors, job networking and industry events. The Institute operates the Urban Retail Properties Professional Development and Research Center. For more information on the real estate programs and the Marshall Bennett Institute of Real Estate please visit www.roosevelt.edu/realestate.
About the Program
The MSRE graduate degree program is designed for those seeking to either enter or enhance careers in the Real Estate profession. It is a specialized degree tailored to enhance a student's knowledge of the industry with a more expanded number of real estate courses versus the MBA program (seven versus four real estate courses).
The curriculum provides the academic and practical knowledge necessary to achieve success in real estate development, management, finance, research, and project planning. Specialized classes and an interdisciplinary approach combine urban economics with practical real estate applications. This program attracts individuals throughout the real estate industry such as residential and commercial sales professionals, architects, construction managers, lenders, attorneys, property managers, planners, consultants, and developers.
Students within the 31-semester hour program will take seven real estate courses. The entire program consists of two real estate core courses, four business courses and five real estate electives.
- REES 401 Real Estate Process .....3
- REES 411 Real Estate Finance and Investment .....3
Business Core Courses
- ACCT 405 Accounting for Executives .....3
- BADM 401 Graduate Business Orientation .....1
- FIN 408 Finance for Decision Makers .....3
- MGMT 403 Quantitative Analysis for Managers .....3
Students choose five electives from the following list:
- REES 405 Urban Economics .....3
- REES 421 Real Estate Law .....3
- REES 431 Real Estate Management and Marketing .....3
- REES 441 Real Estate Design and Feasibility .....3
- REES 451 Public/Private Development .....3
- REES 461 Project & Construction Management .....3
- REES 481 Real Estate Development .....3
- REES 493 Special Topics in Real Estate .....3
- REES 495 Independent Study in Real Estate .....1-3
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 15, 2016