SMU MQF by coursework provides a pathway to equip students with the knowledge to tame the risk while staying on the top of the game. It offers a unique learning journey in the realm of stochastic processes, Ito’s calculus, risk analytics, pricing and hedging, and quant trading.
The courses are conducted at Lee Kong Chian School of Business, SMU and Cass Business School, City University London – two business schools located right in the heart of the cities where the financial districts are buzzing with opportunities and where a new generation of quant professionals is needed to make a difference in the financial industry. At the end of the journey, when all the rigorous tests are cleared and when the tale of two cities is storied, a master’s degree in quantitative finance will be awarded jointly by SMU and City University London.
- A good Bachelors degree in a highly quantitative programme such as mathematics, physics, or engineering; with courses such as probability and linear algebra stated on the transcripts of their first degree.
- A good GMAT or verbal and quantitative test scores.
- Applicants will need to submit two references, one of whom could be an academic reference. Students who have not previously studied in English will need to sit for an IELTS or TOEFL exam.
The required level for IELTS is a well balanced 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing. For TOEFL, the requirements are
- 107 (internet based test)
- 263 (computer-based test)
- 627 (paper-based test)
The Admissions Committee may use other methods to evaluate the qualifications of candidates (including written essays and/or interviews) to ensure that potential students have the intellectual capabilities and motivation to satisfy the academic rigour of a joint master degree from SMU and the CASS Business School.
Application fee (non-refundable): S$50
Registration fee (non-refundable)*:
- S$5,400 (Singaporeans / Singapore Permanent Residents)
- S$5,500 (Others)
- S$38,000 (Inclusive of GST), payable in 3 installments
First installment payable by July – S$20,000
Second installment payable by November – S$10,000
Third installment payable by April (following year)– S$8,000
- The tuition fee is inclusive of the five modules taught at Cass Business School, London, UK.
++ The tuition fee does not include meals, air travel, travel insurance, living and accommodation expenses in Singapore and overseas.
*(Non-refundable) Amount payable upon acceptance to the programme. $5,000 will contribute to the first payment of tuition fees. The registration fee includes matriculation, examination fees, orientation activities, library & computer account.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 25, 2018