Online Master of Science in Psychology
100% online. No GRE. Complete in one year. Expert faculty. Comprehensive curriculum.
About the program
The Lynn University online Master of Science in Psychology (MS PSY) provides you with a convenient way to earn your advanced psychology degree in as little as one year — while preparing you for key roles in both business and psychology including:
- Market Research Analyst
- Human Capital Analyst
- Survey Researcher
- Industrial Consultant
- Organizational Consultant
- Human Resources Manager
- School Psychologist
- Community Psychologist
- Sport Psychologist
The Lynn master’s degree in psychology is an accelerated program that can be completed part-time or full-time and entirely online, allowing you to manage your work and family responsibilities. The curriculum provides you with specialized knowledge and skills in the areas of research and program evaluation, applied psychology, behavioral psychology, and advanced social, organizational and industrial psychology.
The program culminates with a practicum in psychology, which incorporates fieldwork and one-on-one instructor supervision. The practicum aligns with your specialization and career interests, enabling you to develop appropriate skills training in applied psychological settings.
Whether you are currently working or are interested in a career in marketing, human resources, business development, or even criminal justice-related fields, the Lynn one-year master’s in psychology program delivers broad-based knowledge that you can immediately apply to your organization or prepare for career advancement.
Industrial/Organizational Psychology Specialization
The Lynn online master’s degree in psychology offers an optional specialization in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, enabling you to focus on the scientific study of human behavior in the workplace. By combining advanced industrial/organizational psychology coursework with courses in leadership, management, and human resources from the Lynn MBA curriculum, you’ll be able to derive insights at the individual, group, and organizational levels and apply this knowledge to solve problems in a variety of sectors.
Students who earn the online psychology degree with a specialization in industrial/organizational psychology will be prepared for careers in a range of industries with responsibilities including:
- Identifying training and developmental needs
- Designing and optimizing the quality of work-life solutions
- Developing training programs and evaluating their effectiveness
- Evaluating performance on an individual and organizational level
- Coaching and motivating employees
Students who choose the general track of the online MS PSY will focus on psychobiology—the study of the biology of behavior—as well as human growth and development, enabling them to become acquainted with a range of issues and theories of individual and family development over the lifespan. The individualized nature of the degree also allows students to choose from a range of elective courses and select a thesis topic that suits their career goals.
Lynn University is committed to evolving as an institution, providing the best possible educational experience for its students using cutting-edge technologies. In pursuit of that goal, we're proud to offer each MS PSY student an iPad® upon enrollment.
Employing this technology enables Lynn to connect our students with a powerful learning tool, one they can use to complement their education and access a number of pre-loaded applications. Students can use the device to supplement their coursework with interactive apps, and access to the iPad's many functions and tools while on-the-go.
About Lynn University
Lynn University's vision is to be recognized as one of the most innovative, international, and individualized small universities in America. Lynn University will capitalize on its youth, location, and close student and faculty bonds to become a forerunner institution, a different kind of learning center, an independent, innovative 21st-century university that is devoted to preparing young persons for America's and the world's future.
To do so, Lynn will:
- Remain relatively small, with approximately 2,400 undergraduate and 600 graduate students, and 500 or more adults enrolled annually in continuing education courses and institutes.
- Maintain a multi‐faceted, coeducational, primarily residential university with a small‐college atmosphere.
- Admit a wide array of diverse students, from those with learning differences to the gifted, and those from many countries of the world and states across the nation.
- Be grounded in the liberal arts but contain a collection of colleges oriented toward emerging professional opportunities, each of which features superior teaching, applied learning, international focus and experiences.
- Contain a hallmark student development program that discerns each student's strengths, shortcomings, and special needs and works to develop his or her full capabilities.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated June 6, 2018