The contents of this MSc program offers broad deepening in the subjects psychological methods and diagnoses as well opportunities to select from four research and application-oriented subjects mainly focused on up to two main areas (one major or one major and one minor or two minor areas of focus). The four offered subjects mainly focus on:
- Cognitive and neurosciences
- Clinical psychology
- Work and organizational psychology
- Educational Psychology (Life-long learning and development)
The goal of the program of study is to provide the student during the MSc degree program with specialist knowledge as well as skills which will enable him/her to take up professional work as an MSc Psychologist.
Possible areas of activity include:
psychological diagnosis, consulting, qualification, training, and psychotherapy in various different areas of practice (for example economy, education, administration, social and health care), implementation and evaluation of psychologically sound measures in various different areas, such as planning and execution of scientific studies.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable degree in a similar subject
- Good English language skills (Niveau B1) are to be proven by:
1. high school diploma (A-levels diploma), or
2. corresponding high school certificates and transcripts rated no lower than "adequate" (4.0), or
3. certification of classes in English 5 years, or
4. certification of successfully completed language courses (with at least 120 proven hours of instruction time) from a German and/or foreign university, or
5. lecturers (or other experts) report on language proficiency acquired through international residency, university language courses, or self-study; or
6. other certificate recognized as equivalent by the selection committee.
Applicants with an international university entrance qualification and Bachelor's degree must prove sufficient German language skills according to the regulations of the Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang (DSH), the German language test for university entrance.
If the Bachelor’s degree has not yet been completed, you can apply for the program with a transcript of records on the basis of at least 80% of the required for the bachelor's degree CP (normally 144 credit points). Additionally, applicants have to provide a proof of enrollment in Bachelor's program and a detailed certificate regarding the status and the expected completion of the bachelor's program.
Mode of admission
Admission is restricted.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 26, 2018