This is an applied program with an option to follow one of the two specializations (clinical or counseling) in the profession of Psychology. It leads to a Master of Science degree (MSc) that allows for professional licensure in the Republic of Cyprus. It is focused on preparing the candidates to be able to apply psychological assessment, diagnostic formulations, and psychotherapeutic interventions.
Objectives & Outcomes
The objective of the program is to train professionals based on the practitioner-scientist model of training. This will prepare the candidate to function as a professional psychologist who is able to deliver psychological services to clients in the context of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological disorders. Furthermore, the program prepares the candidate to function as a scientist and execute scientific work in areas of psychological research and practice.
The program aims to prepare professionals to function as mental health professionals in mental health settings and operate effectively as clinicians and as clinical administrators within the healthcare system. The candidates will acquire the applied clinical or counseling conceptualization and intervention skills depending on their specialization. The candidates will acquire all the necessary credentials that will lead to professional licensure according to the requirements of the law for professional psychologists in the specialization of Clinical or Counselling Psychology.
Upon successful completion of this program, the students should be able to:
- Function as professionals offering services to special populations in the community
- Conduct general and specialized psychological evaluations to patients
- Have an in-depth understanding, conceptualization and enough practical experience to differentiate between complex clinical scenarios in order to conclude to a diagnostic
- Conduct short and long-term interventions in order to treat patients with psychological disorders
- Conduct Cognitive Behavioral therapy with patients
- Conduct Humanistic therapy with patients
- Conduct Psychodynamic treatments with patients
- Function as professional service providers within a mental health setting and will have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the mental health system in which they will work
The graduate will be licensed and able to work in mental health either in independent practice or in a mental health setting.
This school offers programs in: