- How can you successfully guide organisational change?
- How do you handle conflict in organizations?
- How do you create effective teams?
- How do you develop a learning organisation?
- How can you use individual employee’s potential when working in teams?
These questions are explored in the Consultancy & Organisational Development master's track.
The track focuses on organisational psychology; this discipline studies the relationship between employees and their social working environment (e.g., colleagues, supervisors, teams, organization as a whole).
Important topics in this field are:
- Organisational culture and organisational change
- Cooperation within teams
- Social interaction
- Conflict management through negotiation
- Decision-making processes
- Team and organisational development
At the end of the Consultancy & Organisational Development track, students will have an understanding of scientific theories and have gained practical skills which will help them to advise organizations on their change processes.
In addition to the internship and thesis, the track consists of the following required courses:
- Organizational change and consultancy
- Conflict and cooperation
- Methodology: Analyzing, presenting, and scientific writing
And one of the following elective courses:
- Team development through action research
- Judgment and decision making in organizations
- (An external elective course is possible under certain conditions.)
Study materials, teaching, and exams will be in English. Exams may be answered in English or Dutch. Working groups, tutorials, practical training, and assignments will be in English or Dutch depending on the student group.
The Consultancy & Organisational Development Master’s track prepares students for positions such as:
- Organisational consultant on issues such as organisational change, organisational and/or team development, organisational culture analyses, conflict management, and process improvements
- Management consultant (in-house or external)
- Policy advisor in an organization
- Policy officer
- Project manager
- Researcher focusing on issues such as: organisational development, employee and organisational effectiveness, organisational change, conflict management, and cooperation
After completing the Master's degree, our alumni find jobs at organizations such as:
- Government, municipalities, and semi-public institutions
- Specialist organisational consultancy firms
- National and international companies in the professional services sector
- Educational institutions, such as colleges and universities
- Research institutes
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 12, 2018