Master of Science in Professional Communication (M.S.P.C.) curriculum is designed to enhance communication skills and managerial techniques through courses designed specifically for adult learners. Classes are small, fostering discussion and interactivity. Varied learning experiences offset abstract concepts with concrete applications: theory informs the practice, while the practice proves—or disproves—the theory.
This professional degree is structured to provide skills essential in human resource development, marketing communications, new media technologies and communications management. It is designed to accommodate adult working students, with the increased demand for graduate professional degrees today. International students attend our professional degree programs from countries around the world.
In the M.S.P.C. program, competency is defined as "the ability to operate effectively in a domain to adapt to changes, and to be committed to continuous learning and self-improvement." The core competencies which students are expected to achieve and which are addressed in coursework comprise functional literacy in:
- Understanding and applying communication theory and technologies
- Communicating effectively using oral, written, and visual skills
- The design, implementation, and application of research, including gathering, analysis, and application of quantitative and qualitative data
- Methodologies for assessing, analysing and developing effective solutions to problems
- Application of accounting, finance and budgeting for sound fiscal management
- Understanding and generating effective organizational communication, including the role of leadership in the communication process and empowerment of others to be effective communicators
- Understanding the communication process across different cultures and effectively interfacing with cross-cultural and diverse constituencies
- Understanding the expectations and requirements of ethical conduct in the workplace and in society.
One Degree, Three Concentrations
Every great company excels at communicating both externally, to customers and prospects, and internally, to employees and management. The Clark M.S.P.C. degree recognizes and focuses on these success factors. Students have the option, if they so choose, to focus on one of three concentrations, each of which allows concentration in several areas of specialization, including a customized course of study.
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Communication
- English Language
During the 4th and the 5th terms, the students can study right at Clark University in the United States; they may get internship in American companies.
Admission process and requirements
- TOEFL (International Exam on English), Native English speakers do not need to document their English skills
- Submission of documents
- All the presented documents are sent to Clark University.
- Receiving confirmation about enrollment of a student from Astrakhan State University.
- Signing a contract and tuition fee.
- The start of the program (academic year). The list of documents necessary for entering:
- Application form to Clark University
- Data form to Clark University
- Registration form
- Three letters of recommendation
- An essay on “Why have I chosen Master in Public Administration Program?”
- Proof of education (with transcription of courses), at least Bachelor degree You are to present: a copy of your certificate in your native language and English
- A copy of your citizen’s passport
- A copy of international passport (if any).
- Your photo in JPEG.
Students are admitted at the program twice a year (in January and in September) Period of study
- 1.5 year
- 5 semesters, 14 weeks each
- A flexible schedule of classes (in the evening, 2-3 times a week)
$ 6,500 for the whole period of study (excluding study at Clark University in the United States)