The Master of Science in Physics at the University of Luxembourg enables students to acquire a solid and broad education in condensed-matter and materials physics. The goal is to explain and predict the physical properties of materials, e.g., semiconductors, magnetic materials, and liquid crystals, based on their microscopic constituents.
- Individual coaching and courses taught in small groups
- Internationally renowned professors
- The full scope from soft matter to solid-state physics
- Collaboration with industry
- Involvement in current research activities (two semesters of research)
- Strong links with the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST)
- Possibility to spend the second year either in Germany or France (bi-national master)
Study and career opportunities
- Doctoral Programme in Physics and Materials Science at the University of Luxembourg
- Positions in all industrial sectors (electronics, automotive, aerospace, banking, biomedical, etc.)
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of several key areas of general physics and advanced condensed matter physics.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the operational principles and performance of key physics instrumentation and technologies relevant to their chosen specialization.
- Ability to evaluate and analyze scientific data using analytical and numerical methods.
- Ability to formalize a practical problem and solve it using quantitative analytical or numerical tools.
- Ability to assess the validity of data generated by computers or physics instrumentation including the estimation of error sources; foster a general critical-thinking attitude.
- Ability to efficiently use a computer and write computer programs as well as using existing software packages.
- Ability to explore new areas of research through independent study.
- Ability to communicate research results to a scientific as well as to a non-expert audience.
- Ability to write a scientific article, report, or thesis based on own scientific results; knowledge of standard citation methods; ethics in science and scholarship and its importance to scientific inquiry and professionalism.
- Ability to carry out a risk assessment of a project and constructively manage failure.
- Ability to work in a multicultural group environment.
- Bachelor degree in physics or related field
- Language: level B2 in English
- EU students: February - July
- Non-EU students: February - April
Program at a glance
- Duration: 4 semesters (120 ECTS)
- Registration fees: 200 € / semester
- Languages: EN
- Campus: Limpertsberg
- Application period:
- EU: February-July
- Non-EU: February-April
- Contact: email@example.com
About the School
Founded in 2003, the University of Luxembourg is the only public university of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Multilingual, international and research-oriented, it is also a modern institution with a ... Read More