Photonics and quantum materials are among the most important areas of modern science and technology. Our MSc program provides world-class education and research in photonics, biophotonics, and nanoelectronics – our students will be prepared to apply fundamental science and engineering approaches to higher-level research and industrial tasks.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Application deadline: July 16, 2018
- Tuition fees: no tuition fee for the applicants who pass the selection process
- Language: English
- Location: Moscow, Russia
The Key features of the Photonics and Quantum Materials program are:
- Organized in joint network-form with Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Institute for Spectroscopy RAS and Institute of Solid State Physics RAS
- Develops broad knowledge of fundamental areas of Applied Physics and advanced theoretical knowledge and experimental training in a sub‐discipline
- Covers main topics in contemporary optics and condensed matter physics
- Gives the experience of application of acquired knowledge and skills to state of the art science and industry problems as individuals or as a part of the team
- Provides strong interdisciplinary collaboration in different fields, spanning physics, material sciences, mathematics biophysics, and chemistry
- Provides general insight into scientific work and ability to use top-end equipment, organize and successfully complete a research project
The 2-year (120 ECTS-credits) program comprises compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, wide set of elective courses (depending on research and professional needs of the student), entrepreneurship and innovation component, research activity and 8 weeks of industrial immersion.
- Education: Bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or Electronics
- Knowledge and skills: Mathematics (Calculus, Ordinary differential equations, Linear algebra, Probability), Physics (General Physics, Electricity, and Magnetism, Quantum mechanics)
- English language: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency
Applications are accepted until July 16, 2018, inclusive.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 1, 2018