Photonics and quantum materials are among the most important areas of modern science and technology. Our MSc program provides world-class education and research in photonics, biophotonics and nanoelectronics – our students will be prepared to apply fundamental science and engineering approaches to higher-level research and industrial tasks.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
The Key features of the Photonics and Quantum Materials program are:
- Organized in joint network-form with Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, Institute for Spectroscopy RAS and Institute of Solid State Physics RAS
- Develops broad knowledge of fundamental areas of Applied Physics and advanced theoretical knowledge and experimental training in a sub‐discipline
- Covers main topics in contemporary optics and condensed matter physics
- Gives the experience of the application of acquired knowledge and skills to state of the art science and industry problems as individuals or as a part of the team
- Provides strong interdisciplinary collaboration in different fields, spanning physics, material sciences, mathematics biophysics, and chemistry
- Provides general insight into scientific work and the ability to use top-end equipment, organize and successfully complete a research project
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Knowledge and skills: Linear algebra, Basic probability, Programming, General Physics (mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics). High level of English proficiency.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Electric or Mechanical), or a Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Physics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
About the School
We are Skoltech – a new international English-speaking STEM university in Moscow, Russia. In just 8 years, we united dozens of researchers and globally renowned professors, built a stunning campus, se ... Read More