The Philanthropy and Non-profit Management program is designed for in-service professionals who wish to enhance their management skills and aspire to advance to leadership positions in the non-profit sector.
The program offers graduate courses in leadership, non-profit management, program assessment, strategic planning, and other topics essential for effective management in the non-profit sector. By completing the master of science degree, students will enhance their analytical and critical thinking skills to improve their organizations and to achieve their professional goals.
- 30 credit program can be completed in 12 months.
- The program begins three times annually with starts in August, January, and May.
- Sixteen-week classes begin each semester.
- Hybrid program including ground and online courses.
- Ground courses meet on Saturdays to accommodate work-life schedules.
- Program is application-oriented, providing students with practical skills.
- Courses are taught by faculty with non-profit experience.
Admission to the Master's degree programs is competitive. Applications are individually reviewed and admission is offered to those applicants who meet both qualitative and quantitative criteria. All required documentation must be received before an admission decision can be offered.
- Completed Master's Application for Admission and non-refundable $50 application fee.
- A conferred bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent degree for international applicants.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended. The applicant's bachelor's degree transcript must show a degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. If the graduate degree has been earned, the transcript must show degree conferral date in order to be evaluated for admission consideration. Electronic transcripts can be sent to email@example.com or by mail at:
Nova Southeastern University
Enrollment Processing Services (EPS)
Attn: H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship
3301 College Avenue
PO Box 299000
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida 33329-9905
- Other admission documentation may be required.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
All applicants who received their bachelor's and any graduate degrees from a college or university where English is not the primary language of instruction are required to take an English language test. Test scores cannot be more than two years old.
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL) minimum scores required.
- Internet based (iBT) = 79, Computerized score = 213, Paper score = 550.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score required = 6.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) minimum sore required = 54.
- TALK International, School of Languages: Completion of level 9 test with a score of 85% or higher.
- Duolingo Test of English: 105 or higher.
- Completion of ENC 1101 and ENC 1102 with a grade of 'C' or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- If bachelor's or master's degree coursework was fully completed in English outside the USA within the last two years, a letter from the institution on official letterhead will be required to waive the English Language requirement. The letter must state that all coursework was taught in English.
- Completion and passing of ELS Level 112 Intensive Program English for Academic Purposes.
*An interview may also be required to determine the current level of English proficiency, even if the required scores and guidelines have been fulfilled.
About the School
One of the premier business schools in Florida, the H. Wayne Huizenga College of Business and Entrepreneurship at NSU reaches students globally with online and on-site, internationally recognized bach ... Read More