We train a new generation of scientists and engineers capable of dealing with the key challenges of the oil and gas sector, and creating innovative solutions for enhanced oil recovery from the existing sources and development of unconventional and hard-to-recover reserves. The program combines high-level engineering training with the teaching of mathematical modeling and data analysis and gaining field experience through research and industry projects.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
The program aims to teach its students to effectively address complex challenges of hydrocarbon recovery:
- The program was designed jointly with leading universities from Russia, United States, Canada, United Kingdom, and other European countries
- The curriculum is built around major oil production issues, including the development of unconventional and hard-to-recover reserves, such as heavy oil, shale oil, and offshore oil fields
- Our graduates gain insight into how the oil and gas sector works and learn to identify and solve its outstanding issues
- We teach how to use mathematical modeling, mathematical physics and data analysis techniques in oil and gas projects
- Students apply their knowledge and skills in joint research and industrial projects with the industry's leading corporations and international labs
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Education: Relevant bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Geology, Petroleum Engineering and IT.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)