Pepperdine's MSOD is one of the most prestigious organization development programs in the world for good reason. Advantages of the program include:
- Hands-on, real-world application. Going beyond textbook learning, students work directly with domestic and international businesses to help identify and solve their current organization development problems.
- OD from a business perspective. The MSOD program focuses not only on human resources or team-building but on utilizing strategic change management to elevate the overall health and longevity of the business as a whole.
- A schedule designed for professionals. The two-year program consists of four week-long sessions per year at different locations in Northern California, Southern California and abroad. This program design makes it possible to participate in the program from anywhere in the world.
- Alumni network. Pepperdine's MSOD alumni comprise a highly active network of practitioners in organization development who provide unparalleled business connections and lifelong learning.
- Pioneers of change. Since its inception 30 years ago, Pepperdine's MSOD program is considered one of the pioneers in the field and continues to enjoy a reputation for excellence.
The MSOD program goes beyond textbook learning and theory. Throughout the program, students will work directly with actual businesses to provide solutions to a real-time OD issue facing the organization. Students also take courses in applied research methods and applied research projects that support the completion of the required master's research project.
Eight week-long course sessions are divided into four pairs integrated by concepts from systems theory and strategic management. Students gain competence in analysis and action at the individual, group, organization, and multi-organization levels.
Applications are accepted on a rolling admission basis for the September start. The MSOD admission office receives a large number of applications each year, so it is recommended to apply early. After the desired class of 30 to 34 persons has been selected, applicants may be accepted as class alternates and notification of admission may occur at any time prior to the first class session.
Last updated January 31, 2018