The Master of Science in Operations Analytics and Management was created to prepare analysts who can guide their organizations through the complexities of operations on a global stage. The program balances quantitative and qualitative analyses while emphasizing the skills you need to work in multidisciplinary teams and develop an innovative mindset in order to respond to ever-changing business environments.
With the MS in Operations Analytics and Management 36-credit program, you’ll gain a well-rounded, comprehensive education in operations analytics and management, while still leaving ample room for you to customize the breadth of your degree. Course topics include risk management, Lean Six Sigma process design, modeling and optimization, supply chain management, and database development. You will also study and gain hands-on experience through internships to link practice with theory and to hone your communication and interpersonal skills.
MSOAM students must complete the six required courses listed below:
- Group and Interpersonal Dynamics in Complex Organizations
- Analyzing and Designing Operations to Create Value
- Operations Risk Management
- Supply Chain Analysis and Design
- Modeling and Optimizing Processes
- Global Operations Strategy
Choose one (the other may be used as an elective):
- Innovating with Information Systems
- Database Applications Development
Choose one (the other may be used as an elective):
- Lean Process Design
- Designing and Managing Six Sigma Processes
Students then select four electives from the following list:
- Global Business Experience
- Managing Technological Innovation
- Systems Design and Development
- Project Management
- Information Technology Policy and Strategy
- Information Security Management
- User Experience Applications
- Business Intelligence
- Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
- Organizational Design
- Leading Change
- Productivity Management
- Global Purchasing and Logistics
- Service Operations Management
You’ll be prepared to deliver effective operational solutions in ever-changing business environments. The MS in Operations Analytics and Management balances service and production management—while emphasizing the leadership skills needed to facilitate organizational improvement.
Type of occupations include:
- Operations Research Analyst
- Management Analyst
- Purchasing Managers
- Industrial Production Managers
Resources for International Students
The International House provides ongoing programs and essential services to assist, guide, and support international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.
A technology-centric world needs business-savvy professionals
The Foisie Business School graduate admissions team will help you find the right degree program for your career goals, guide you through the application process, and, if you are admitted, assure you are on the right track for success.
WPI generally attracts candidates with backgrounds in engineering, science, and information technology, but many of our graduate business students are also marketers, entrepreneurs, researchers, financial managers, and medical practitioners. Whatever your focus when you come in, you will leave with a keen business sense for a technology-centric world. WPI graduate business students are bright, hardworking, committed individuals from across the globe and industry spectrum.
WPI is accepting applications for fall 2019. Scholarships are available.
The following application deadlines apply:
- For U.S. applicants - July 15 (fall) / December 15 (spring)
- For International applicants - June 15 (fall) / November 6 (spring)
- For Ph.D. applicants - February 1 (fall)
After the deadlines have passed, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Required testing information
Any international applicant seeking to attend WPI on an F-1 Student Visa must submit official TOEFL scores or IELTS scores. However, if applicants have two years of continuous full-time college study completed within the last five years, in a country whose official language is English, he or she can apply for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver by contacting an admissions counselor.
While WPI requires a minimum TOEFL score of 84, the Foisie School of Business requires a minimum TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS score of 7. The Foisie School of Business requires a GMAT score of 500 or its equivalent on the GRE. There are no minimum GRE scores, but the average for admitted students over the past three years has been 150 verbal, 165 quantitative, and 3.0 analytical.
- Department/Program: Foisie School of Business
- Online Application Submission Deadline: International applicants should apply by Jun 15 for fall and Nov 6 for spring. Domestic applicants should apply by Jul 15 for fall and Dec 15 for spring. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
- All Credentials Deadline: We recommend completing your application within 15-30 days of submission. An interview may be offered once all credentials have arrived.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary colleges or universities: Required
- Application fee of $70: Required
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of professional recommendation from individuals who can comment on your qualifications for pursuing graduate study are required. Please invite your recommenders to submit their letters electronically via the online application. Academically qualified recommendations may be submitted, as needed.
- GRE: GMAT or GRE scores are required; waivers could be available for WPI alumni who have achieved a 3.0 GPA or higher and may be waived for applications with special circumstances.
- Statement of Purpose: Required; a resume is also required.
- Video Essay: Required: Online video interview, completed at your convenience.