The Department of Agri-Food Sciences supports the vision and mission statements of the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences through multidisciplinary teaching, learning and research activities in food science. The mission of the department is to produce socially and ethically responsible graduates who are leaders in dealing successfully with the national and global food and health challenges and who will have a positive impact on their communities and the food industries for the betterment of the quality of human life.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the Agri-Food Sciences program at USEK will be highly competent in:
- Investing the scientific and engineering skills acquired throughout their studies to meet the emerging challenges in the food industry;
- Serving as effective leaders and team members by applying academic skills and contributing effectively in multidisciplinary exploratory and production teams.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the Agri-Food Sciences program at USEK will have the ability to:
- Manage the production and establish a quality system of the food production chain;
- Meet the emerging challenges in the food industry through mastering the most innovative tools;
- Formulate solutions to food safety and processing problems;
- Design surveys in the purpose of acquiring, analyzing and interpreting food industry related data;
- Drive the business strategies of food companies, from the initial steps to the stage of product distribution;
- Function effectively on multi-disciplinary teams and communicate accurately to a variety of audiences;
- Participate in public debates on current food related issues.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017