Leverage your passion for health and wellness to take advantage of career opportunities in a growing field.
The online Master of Science in Nutrition offered by the Adelphi University College of Nursing and Public Health provides you with the scientific knowledge and educational credential you need to effectively promote health, prevent disease and advance your career.
To help you maximize your educational investment, we offer a streamlined curriculum concentrating on competencies that both reflect the latest nutrition science research and align with current professional opportunities.
Our fast-paced, flexible, 100 percent online M.S. in Nutrition program helps you balance all your obligations and quickly prepares you for diverse opportunities in an expanding field.
Factors driving market demand for advanced nutrition expertise include:
- Policies emphasizing prevention to decrease healthcare costs
- Ongoing medical research demonstrating how food works in the body and confirming the close relationship between diet and health
- An expansion of health, wellness and social services to meet the needs of aging baby boomers
- Chronic disease epidemics related to poor nutrition
- Food literacy gains and growing public interest in wholesome foods
Our graduates assume roles as researchers, educators, administrators, advocates and private practitioners in a broad range of settings that include:
- Community health clinics
- Public health departments
- Senior living facilities
- Health insurance companies
- Food manufacturing
- Health and fitness clubs
- Non-governmental organizations
Who Can Benefit
The M.S. in Nutrition online appeals to individuals from a broad range of educational and professional backgrounds who understand how important nutrition is to health. It is geared to busy working professionals in health or health-related fields who want to expand their knowledge so that they can more effectively help others and/or earn a professional credential that is required for employment or career advancement.
Prospective students typically are well-informed about nutrition but seek evidence-based knowledge and insights from experts. They recognize that earning a master’s degree is the optimal path for acquiring advanced nutrition expertise. Our students include:
- Public health and community health professionals
- Doctors and nurses in private practice who want to help patients prevent and manage chronic disease through diet
- Health and fitness industry professionals
- Food industry professionals
- Recent graduates of dietetics degree programs
- Recent graduates of exercise science, physical education, social work and related degree programs
- Food activists and volunteers
- The online M.S. in Nutrition offers a cutting-edge curriculum that focuses on the most relevant competencies and includes courses dedicated to three chronic illnesses that currently affect a large percentage of the population: obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
- Our courses were developed and are taught by leading nutrition experts. The program’s director is an active member of the Society for Nutrition Education and Behavior, who served on its international task force to establish competencies for graduate nutrition education.
- 100 percent online, instructor-led courses provide you not only with convenience but also an engaging, personalized, academically rigorous educational experience.
- You gain an advantage in the field by graduating from a college with a strong alumni network and a university with a national reputation for academic excellence.
- Flexible entrance requirements—no GRE required.
About the College of Nursing and Public Health
The Adelphi College of Nursing and Public Health prepares students for careers as qualified caregivers and leaders who are ready to make an impact in their community. We began in 1943 as the School of Nursing and developed a new name in 2013 to support a new vision—combining our hallmark nursing programs with relevant healthcare programs to focus on population health. College of Nursing and Public Health students benefit from a holistic approach to health education that emphasizes community intervention, health maintenance and management, and environmental health.
The education we provide is grounded in practice, delivery, innovation and efficiency, and our students benefit from small class sizes and strong collaboration with faculty. The College’s alumni network is more than 12,000 members strong, and our graduates work as nurses, administrators, educators, researchers and advocates in a variety of public and private settings including hospitals, agencies, and businesses of all sizes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 16, 2018