The Master of Science in New Product Management (MSNP) degree program provides students a framework to enhance an organization’s ability to effectively identify, develop, and deploy new products and services.
During the late 20th century, it was believed that the United States would evolve from a manufacturing-based to a service-based country. It is apparent that the U.S. economy cannot be sustained without competitive, new products being developed and manufactured here. This has resulted in more companies rethinking their strategies of moving operations and sourcing to other countries. Competitive companies are developing strategies based on reducing the time from the inception of ideas to the launch of new products and services in domestic operations, as well as reducing costs without compromising quality.
The MSNP program provides the knowledge, tools, and techniques for individuals and companies to explore avenues to retain knowledge, jobs, and technology in the United States. This program helps individuals identify means for capitalizing on the talents employees possess through sound entrepreneurship practices. Market leverage is enhanced when technology and talent are merged and exploited. The MSNP program provides the knowledge and tools to move from the discussion and planning to focused action, measurement, feedback, and controlled change.
The Master of Science in New Product Management (MSNP) degree program provides students a framework to enhance an organization’s ability to effectively identify, develop, and deploy new products and services. You will learn how to apply the tools and knowledge needed to find the products and/or services that are aligned with the unique strengths and position of an organization. Further, the MSNP will prepare you to identify and capitalize on both domestic and international product markets.
Faculty members have extensive business experience and are committed to mentoring students to increase students’ value to current and prospective employers. The Faculty-to-student ratio is kept small to allow extensive interaction among faculty and students.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the MSNP program will:
- Instill in others the innovative spirit necessary to develop new products, services, and processes
- Develop new products, processes, and markets
- Drive entrepreneurial efforts, lead new product and service programs and create value
- Direct collaborative communication and relationship building across organizational, cultural, and social lines
- Stimulate innovation for sustained success
Graduates of the MSNP program will:
- Demonstrate professionalism, ethical behavior, leadership, and effective communication skills
- Exhibit a global perspective and awareness of how cultural differences impact businesses
- Possess the skills required to integrate concepts from accounting, finance, marketing, operations, technology, and human resources to identify and develop innovative business strategies
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative methods to investigate and solve critical business problems
- Evaluate, select and lead the implementation of innovative technologies and methods that support organizational strategic priorities
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional, multi-cultural teams to drive organizational effectiveness
At MSOE you will find dreamers, thinkers, makers, and doers. It is the university of choice for those seeking a community of experimental learners driven to solve the complex challenges of today and tomorrow. MSOE faculty are student-focused experts who bring real-world experience into the classroom. This approach to learning makes our students ready now, as well as prepared for the future. Partnerships with business and industry leaders enable students to learn alongside professional mentors. We challenge our students to go beyond what is possible.
As a highly ranked engineering university in the US, MSOE focuses on laboratory experience and career practice. MSOE challenges students to think outside the box and apply a hands-on approach to solving problems.
MSOE students are hard-working, creative, and have a desire to know more. Our close-knit community of only 3,000 students gives the opportunity to work hand in hand with classmates and professors and allows students to bring practical knowledge to the classroom. Overall, MSOE is the university of choice for students looking to pursue their passions and challenge the standard. MSOE will set the standard for preparing leaders to solve the diverse technical challenges of the 21st century.
About the School
Milwaukee School of Engineering is a private, non-profit university offering bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, business, mathematics, and nursing. At MSOE, you will find a caring communi ... Read More