- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, Genetics, Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy is required.
- Proof of English Language: TOEFL 72 iBT / 408 PBT, IELTS 4.5, level B1; or an official document from an official institution showing applicant had courses in English or studied English language. Applicants with lower English language level can be admitted to the studies. After arrival applicants will be asked to take English language test and take English language classes.
Graduates will be able:
- To analyze molecular diversity, structure, composition, to characterize biological systems, their functioning and interaction: genomics, proteomics, metabolomics;
- To understand principles of immune and other systems, their structures, integration with other vital systems of biological objects;
- To work with living cells, organisms, populations. To evaluate processes taking place inside of the cell, work with cell cultures under laboratory conditions, to apply obtained results for modeling of biological systems, to evaluate intercellular interconnections, relations between single individuals and populations;
- To comprehend evolution of biological objects, lows in heredity and variability, features and molecular principles of congenital diseases, and to know how to apply them for investigation of biological diversity, structure of living organisms, functioning and evolution;
- According to collected data and molecular analysis to evaluate population’s structures, environmental impact on populations, interrelations between populations and individual species;
- To apply modern investigation methods, to work according principles of good laboratory practice, rules of bioethics, to collect, process, preserve and prepare research material under laboratory and field conditions;
- To apply acquired knowledge to solve emerging problems, to recognize, analyze biological problems, to plan strategies to solve these problems, to plan and carry out various measurements, process and interpret biological data, to classify and present these data;
- To solve qualitative and quantitative problems by using acquired mathematical and computational skills and special computer software, DNA gene base;
- To use creatively bioinformation technologies for analysis, digital description and simulation of biological objects, to use biological databases, to systematize the collected information.
Graduates will be prepared to work in:
- Companies related to molecular biology, biotechnology, biopharmaceutics and food industry;
- Research and study organizations dealing with various activities related to molecular biology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, biopharmaceutics, and environment preservation.
- Graduates are also offered the possibility to continue their studies at PhD Degree level in Biology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and other PhD programmes related to biotechnological and biomedical sciences.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017