This is a fundamental and classical program, but together the program integrates the latest scientific and technological achievements and focuses on the development of high-level competencies:
- In development of products of mechanical nature – the specialists are able to evaluate, model, simulate develop and optimize mechanical systems;
- In carrying out research – the specialists are able to solve non-completely defined problems, summarizing and integrating knowledge and information from the field of mechanical engineering and other fields or areas;
- To do the work of a manager – the specialists are able to lead teams of different field professionals, manage activities of the team.
Modern and well-equipped laboratories
Studies and research are carried out in modern laboratories of Measurements Actuators, Robotics, Biomechatronics, Dynamics, Piezomechanics, Holography and Optical Measurements, 3D Prototyping, Materials Static Testing.
Close collaboration with international companies
Faculty closely works with many international and local industrial partners: Festo, Hi-Steel, Mars Lietuva, Baltec CNC Technologies, etc.
Master+ model offers either to a masterpiece in the specialization or to strengthen managerial/interdisciplinary skills by choosing an individual set of competencies required for a career.
– To coordinate the activities of the teams of facilities management specialists in various companies (operating in the fields from production to designing);
– To know production processes and control possibilities and tools of engineering analysis (CAD/CAE);
– To analyse problematic areas of facilities management and adapt modern modelling software for increase of efficiency of processes;
– To design and implement development of the systems or subsystems of mechanical nature in the integral engineering systems using modern research and technological equipment and engineering analysis tools.
– Able to model the systems of strength of structures, contact, thermal conductivity and flow of liquids, assessing their dynamic properties, functional and reliability level of their components;
– Able to design and realise the processes of designing – product development using advanced competences of engineering activities;
– Able to realise modern algorithms and algorithms based on computer modelling software for facilities management.
Eugenijus Ulachovičius, UAB "Dovaina", Chief Constructor
I have defended my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Mechanical Engineering with the highest evaluations. I am able to critically assess, analyze, design and optimize mechanical systems, conceptualize and solve the issues that are uncertain or not clearly defined. Based on the knowledge of mechanics and other areas, I am able to manage the team of the engineers of various areas and levels.
My achievements are facilitated by the University's focus on fundamental knowledge of mechanical engineering, which enables the creation of solid basis of professional knowledge for the future career. Taking into consideration the fact that I managed to combine studies and work during my Master's studies, that basis of fundamental mechanics intertwined with the real practice at work and was strengthened furthermore.
While studying the design of mechanical systems and working as a constructor, I completely acquired engineering analysis, optimization and modeling of mechanical systems, and other activities. It is reflected in my Master's thesis. This thesis was related to my practical activities, as it solved the issues of the company's construction department by the development of automated design system. While solving these issues, consultations of the lecturers were available all the time, both during the lectures, under the agreement after work, and by email when facing small issues.
Now, when I work as Chief Constructor and manage the team of constructors, the knowledge acquired at the university, helps me solve unexpected problems, make suitable decisions, create mechanical systems, establish company's internal principal rules for design and be sufficiently competent for selection of future members of the team.
Therefore, I can only say positive things about this study program: besides the acquired knowledge, Mechanical Engineering program also helps personal development: it develops responsibility, accuracy and wish to improve.
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate|
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 5, 2018