Society's needs are rapidly changing. New technologies in the areas of sustainability and production are required to keep businesses competitive and ease the strain on valuable resources. You can be on the front lines of initiating these fundamental changes in industry and society with a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (MSME) from Western New England University. Offering concentrations in mechanical engineering, green engineering, and mechatronics, the MSME program is directed toward both full-time and part-time students with a special emphasis on providing training and experience in performing independent research on topics with theoretical as well as applied interest and managing projects.
MSME Admissions Requirements
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, science, or other related disciplines.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0, on a 4.0 scale, in the last 60 hours of undergraduate courses and in all graduate courses (students with a lower GPA may be considered only for probationary or nondegree admission).
- Programming competence.
- Students with an undergraduate degree from a program not accredited by ABET are encouraged to submit GRE score.
MSME Degree Requirements
Students must select an advisor and have a plan of study approved before completing 12 program hours. At least 6 courses in a plan of study must be 600 or higher level.
The facilities and laboratories within the College of Engineering reflect our commitment to providing high quality, hands-on education. These facilities allow students to apply the theory learned in the classroom, thereby gaining a deeper understanding of fundamental engineering concepts. All laboratories and specialized equipment are available for use by our students. Specialized equipment may require special training. Our laboratory equipment is updated on a rotating basis, allowing for a continued renewal and state-of-the-art technology in a rapidly changing world. We have over 80 computers with specialized analysis software available to our students.
Mechanical Engineering Laboratories:
- Computer Engineering Laboratory
- Mechatronics Laboratory
- Green Engineering Laboratory
- Materials and Mechanical Testing Laboratory
- Acoustics and Vibration Laboratory
- Metrology Laboratory
Access is also provided to the following laboratories as needed:
- Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Biomedical Engineering Laboratory
- Industrial Engineering Laboratory
Additionally, a fully equipped Machine Shop is available to students as well as a Rapid Prototyping machine.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 2, 2018