Data scientists are going to be among the most demanded specialists in the hi-tech market. The purpose of our program is to meet this demand and to equip the most talented young scientists with a high-level knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, industrial data analytics, natural language processing, mathematical modeling and other important areas of modern data science.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
A successful graduate of the program will know
- Mathematical and algorithmic foundations of Data Science
- Main methodological aspects of both, scientific research and application development in Data Science
- State of the art techniques of machine learning and related areas
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Knowledge and skills: Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear algebra, Probability theory and mathematical statistics, Discrete mathematics (including graph theory and basic algorithms), Programming.
Education: IT related bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information and Communication Technology, Applied Physics or other technical areas.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)
Program taught in: