The program aimed at giving researchers a grounding in mathematics and deep knowledge of mathematical physics, as well as gives the chance to pursue an in-depth study of the fundamental models of modern theoretical physics. We put emphasis on students' independent scientific study that encourages their rapid fundamental scientific (and thus career) growth.
- Modes and duration: 2 years (full-time)
- Tuition fees: no tuition fees for those who successfully pass the selection
- Language: English
The MSc program is 2 years long: the first year is to strengthen your theoretical background, and the second year is to focus on research. Students have the freedom to choose courses and extracurricular activities to shape their individual trajectory, acquire soft skills, and gain entrepreneurial skills to prepare for job placement.
- Lectures and practical classes conducted by world-renowned professors and experts.
- Students' individual research projects carried out at Skoltech laboratories.
- An 8-week summer industry immersion program at leading companies turning knowledge and skills into action.
- Courses on entrepreneurship and innovation that provide skills, as well as knowledge, to commercialize ideas and research findings.
This program gives you the ability to:
- Choose your own educational path and study tailored, individual courses depending on the specific area of your scientific study
- Gain the skills of a modern researcher and meet the highest professional requirements of leading Russian and international research and educational centers
- Continue education and research within the Ph.D. program at Skoltech and leading scientific centers in Russia and abroad
- Participate in research projects independently and alongside eminent specialists, teachers, and foreign colleagues
- Apply the culture of scientific discussion and ability to carry scientific research to function in scientific research community or multidisciplinary team
The 2-year program comprises of compulsory and recommended elective courses on the most important topics, a wide set of elective courses (depending on the research and professional needs of the student), components of entrepreneurship and innovation, research activity and 8 weeks of industry immersion.
Education: Relevant bachelor's degree, or its equivalent in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, and Physics.
English Language: If your education has not been conducted in English, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
- Your CV (ENG)
- Motivation letter (ENG)
- 2 recommendation letters
- Diploma or transcript
- Your certificates and awards, achievements and other materials for portfolio
- February 3, 2019
- March 17, 2019
- April 21, 2019
- June 05, 2019
- July 16, 2019 (last submission deadline!)