Students who wish to register for the Master's degree in Mathematical Engineering must already have a degree or a three-year university diploma or other educational qualification obtained in Italy or abroad, recognized in accordance with current Italian legislation, and also possess specific educational requirements, as well as the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Adequate knowledge of basic subjects, such as mathematical and numerical analysis, linear algebra and geometry, physics and statistics, as well as the use of standard software for word processing, data analysis, scientific computing. The ability to use the operational methodological aspects of mathematics and other basic sciences to interpret and describe engineering problems, physical and/or financial engineering in addition to setting up and conducting experiments, analyzing and interpreting extrapolated data and to understand the impact of engineering solutions in the financial and physical environment context.
Admission to the "Financial Engineering" degree course track, which requires students to spend their entire second year abroad (Paris, France), has a limited number of places per each Academic Year. The number of places will be determined annually by the Committee and then announced in the Call for applications of the Master’s degree.
Students will be selected based on:
- degree mark
- alternatively, the time in months to achieve the qualification
- alternatively, the number of University Educational Credits (CFUs) cum laude (with outstanding honour)
- alternatively, the number of exams passed with a mark/grade equal to 30/30.
The student’s knowledge, skills and abilities will be assessed in accordance with the guidelines above.
The educational requirements are as follows:
- have a degree in class(es) L-7 "Civil and Environmental Engineering", L-8 "Information Technology Engineering", L-9 "Industrial Engineering", L-30, "Physics", L-31, " Computer Sciences”, L-35, "Mathematics", L-18 " Business Administration", covered by current Ministerial Decr ee (D.M.) no. 270/04, or alternatively earning 25 University Educational Credits (CFUs) in the following Disciplinary Scientific Sector (SSDs): MAT/02, MAT/03, MAT/05, MAT/06, MAT/07, MAT/08, FIS/01, SECS-S/01, SECSS/02, SECS-S/03, SECS-S/06
- knowledge of English at the B2 level
For graduates with a high level of preparation, resulting from the knowledge and skills certified in their degree course track, from educational trainings which are not completely consistent with access requirements, students may initially choose a different path and/or specific admissions entrance exam.
For applicants holding an Italian degree with a different structure from those covered by the Ministerial Decree 509/99 and Ministerial Decree 270/2004, or in possession of a foreign qualification, verification of educational requirements will be carried out by the Admission Board.
Who is this programme for?
Engineering bachelor students who want to deepen their modelling background and specialise in the development and use of simulation models. Physics and mathematics bachelor students who want to acquire a more applied technological profile and widen their potential job market through the exploitation of their solid theoretical background. Statistics and economics bachelor students who want to become specialists and developer of simulation models for in scientific and financial engineering.